Help me decide which portable vape to get.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Smittyco, Nov 10, 2012.

1. I've been looking at portable vapes for about 2 weeks now, i have never owned a vaporizer myself but i've used on, anyway i dont want to drop 100-200 dollars on something then find out later i picked the wrong one. Currently im looking at the vapor blunt and the N02. The vaporblunt because of the built in stir stick and the flavored mouth pieces but it only has 2 temp settings which is a draw back (the settings are 390 and 410 F, which i heard is a bit high for vaping). Now the N02 on the other hand has an adjustable temp which i like but it doesnt have the same look as the vaporblunt and i heard you pretty much have to have the tube on it (i dont like the look of it with the tube on) or it will burn, both has about the same battery life and heat up time, from reading reviews it appears neither have the "plasticy" taste that a vape like the puffit would have at first (no plastic taste is a must). I'm open to other suggestions of different vapes, only requirements are they have to be portable and under 200 dollars

2. If your looking to spend 100-200 get the Puffit, if your tryna spend a little more get the Pax by ploom, both are mad good, the pax is a lil more user-friendly imo but the puffit looks like an inhaler

3. and the Puffits about 100 dollars cheaper

4. I tried the vaporblunt , and I didn't like it that much maybe I used it wrong , but it's pretty slow making vapor and I barely got high from it and I got a low tolerance.

I can't really comment on No2 , but it looks like a fine choice.

I personally own an mflb , and although you have no temp dial , you can control the temp of the vapor ,by the strength of your inhale ,so it's by feel. It produces almost instantaneous vapors and it's very stealth.

5. I have an N02 and its alright, you'll get pretty damn high.

The problem is how hard it is to clean, the brush doesn't do it well enough. I had to scrape the sides of mine with scissors to clean. It normally tastes good but when it comes time to scrape the sides it doesn't, taste like some shitty mids or something.

So pro: gets you real high. Con: Hard to keep clean (introduces a bad smell).

Oh and it takes 2 metal screens, one at the bottom that can be a bitch to get out and gets dirty quick and regular screens may be too big.

I wish I would've just gotten the Arizer Extreme Q, its not portable but for a similar price its much better than the N02.

6. Just ordered an EQ :D I've heard amazing shit i'm so pumped to get it.

7. I'm using an arizer solo the latest model and it works great. Grind the weed up real fine and you get vapor clouds like you wouldn't believe. I know you have a price limit but it's good to spend the extra bucks when it comes to vapes.

8. Well it depends the kind of situation your in. I have to warn you that the vaporblunt is fuckin ginormous. You would need a bag to carry it around in. So i think that kills portability. The no2 is definitely the better choice, even though there are so many better portables in the market such as the arizer solo. Although , if your looking for a stealth toke get the mflb. If your in a situation where you cant make any odors recognizable, then the mflb is a good choice because you get smacked. But if that isnt a problem get the arizer solo. I wouldnt get the pax because of how expensive it is..For that price you can get an ssv so fuck 250 for a portable. The solo is probably the best for the amount of money . I think there going for 150 the cheapest maybe?

9. There's a reason the Pax vaporizer is referred to as a "portable Volcano."

If you can afford to swing it, I would highly recommend it.

It's not the most efficient vape, but it's looks, performance, and ease of use (besides cleaning) make it an excellent choice.

10. #10 Smittyco, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
    I looked up the arizer extreme q, and even though it isnt portable i think i might be liking this one the most. As for the puffit that was the first one i was looking at just because of its stealth design, but from reading reviews i learned that you will have a plasticy taste at first but it will go away and the battery life isnt the best. I guess portable isnt really a requirement but it is nice but under 200 is still a requirement, so far i think im liking the N02, Arizer extreme Q, and the arizer solo. I have a few questions about the solo though, what is the battery life like, can you use a bag with it rather then that tube? I heard bags arent as great but ive never used one myself and would like the option.

11. [quote name='"Smittyco"']I looked up the arizer extreme q, and even though it isnt portable i think i might be liking this one the most. As for the puffit that was the first one i was looking at just because of its stealth design, but from reading reviews i learned that you will have a plasticy taste at first but it will go away and the battery life isnt the best. I guess portable isnt really a requirement but it is nice but under 200 is still a requirement, so far i think im liking the N02, Arizer extreme Q, and the arizer solo. I have a few questions about the solo though, what is the battery life like, can you use a bag with it rather then that tube? I heard bags arent as great but ive never used one myself and would like the option.[/quote]

Take a look at herbalaire as an alternative to the extreme q

12. I find all portable vaporuizers are a waste....

but if your looking for a small portable waste of money the mflb or the iolite are the ones you want to be lookin at....

13. Totally agree on the price with the pax, but i've heard its the shit so I felt it was worth mentioning ( although that little portable vape costs as much as my EQ which is ridiculous) The arizer solo is an awesome portable like these guys have said ^ but the puffits about the same price and more stealth

14. I would get a desktop vape if i had more money too spend, i looked at those first and most of them are a few hundred or even 500 or so for the volcano

15. I have had a No2 for almost 2 years.
    Gets used 3-6 times per day. Nothing broken so far.

I clean my screens and chamber with a Qtip dipped in lacquer thinner, after cleaning it looks like new.
    Rubbing alcohol or mineral spirits works too but is slower.
    Don't get any solvents on the plastic and you will be good.

16. I own the Vapir NO2 and I love mine...it get's me VERY high on small amounts of weed and doesn't make any smell. The Arizer Solo seems really nice, but it doesn't have a digital display and you can't use it while it's plugged in..

17. How long is the battery life on the N02? Every site you go to will tell you something different some even saying up to 6 hours which i know isnt true. And what does the N02 produce good vapor clouds (as in an actual cloud and not too hot)?

18. I normally get about an hour on my battery. And about the clouds, some hits there's barely any visible, but some hits you can get pretty big clouds if you hit it right. :smoking:

19. I was getting around 45 minutes to an hour ( 2-3 chamberfuls).

I run mine @370F and with good weed you can get enough vapor to give you coughing fits. You get plenty high.

I usually only consume top quality bud but could only get some $150 per oz outdoor grown Mexi-weed. It smoked only so-so but when vaped it actually had a really good taste and buzz!

20. No weird taste when you first get it? And have you tried the H20 attachment for it?