Help me choose a scientific tube.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Matt Galaxy, Jun 12, 2012.

1. #1 Matt Galaxy, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
    What's up blades? I'm finally investing in a nice piece and I need some opinions. In case anyone was wondering my current selection of smoking apparatuses includes a vapir no2, two glass spoons, and a myriad of papers.

Here are some specifications I have for my future glass investment.
    Stemless
    Percolated
    Scientific( some heady accents are nice but for the most part I'm looking for a clear functional tube)
    Under $500(only exception to this would be an sg stem/8 or stem/12)

Some options I've been playing with
    Mobius stereo matrix
    Vertigo 10 arm to showerhead
    Itza circ to 8 arm
    Apix design stemline w/ toro ac or similar ac
    Kush scientific puckline/puckalator
    SGW waffle or waffle to ten
    Sg stemline (I do not have a Bm sub, and I am fully aware of the rarity of sg pieces on *** and similar business establishments)
    Sg stem/8

Thoughts? All feedback is appreciated

2. Well that list is so broad its hard to say which. They are all great pieces

3. Well my favorite piece is probably the stem/8 but I don't think I'll be finding one of those any time soon, so the mobius is probably the next contender.

4. Do you want smooth or flavor?

5. Id be willing to sacrifice some flavor for a smoother rip

6. I have an upgrid sg stemline and an apix DD carbon filter. The flavor keeps pretty good and it's damn smooth. I guess its really gonna depend on whats available to you at any given point in time. You might also wanna look at the david goldstein fritted disc if ya want smooth. Thats my next tube.

7. I'd also look into DG fritted discs too, and maybe Dirty Rico's barrel to 12arm, they look sick !

8. I love mobius those are some classy looking pieces. I have heard some negative stuff about David Goldstein. I hear the disc gets clogged alot.

9. Some of the tubes come with mini fritted discs that go under the slide so nothing gets through to the perc disc, and for those that don't come with it, a carbon filter will fix that just the same

10. Or dont pull the herb through the slide. Its not hard to do. I dont understand why people do that shot anyways.

11. [quote name='"zzeugma"']I'd also look into DG fritted discs too, and maybe Dirty Rico's barrel to 12arm, they look sick ![/quote]

I've heard some less than stellar things about the fritted disc, but the barrel to 12 has been on my list for a while

12. GC's prices are expensive. So stupid how you can't link to other sites, seeing as how the forum and site are run by different people.

13. Mobius Matrix, all day long man.

14. Check out EFS donuts.

Dubious? gallery has a few sick ones. (I'd get the Mayan Calendar blasted one, or the worked bottom/skull blasted one)

All come in under $500, I think. I've got one and it is amazing.

15. Sgw waffle to ten arm is similar to a stem/8 and a little easier to find

16. What do you guys think of the kush scientific puckalator?

17. Cool idea, but I've seen some examples that look a little rushed, like they didn't take care in making it.

A lot of people love their's though. They do bubble-stack like crazy.

18. check out apix's stem in showerheads

19. I really like my SGW "Single Waffle Perc Tube v2". Around $300 so you have some money left over for medication.

20. Get a Sovereignty v6. Bent neck or natty... go for the upgrid. It's like $3-400 depending on who/where you buy from, and it's (in my opinion) the best single chambe rtube on the market right now.

Also, check out the David Goldstein fritted disc.