Help me choose a new rig?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by SlayerVA, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Hey, I just got hired today, and I plan on buying myself a present with the first paycheck, with MoP coming out soon, I plan on getting a new rig (I've ONLY had laptops my entire life)

Thankfully, Powerful computers are hella cheap at the moment, So I'm deciding on 2.

I plan on buying one of these, and if I ever need to upgrade, I'll just buy the piece and do it myself. Both of these computers are within $20 of each other (One is free shipping), but I can't see a real difference between the two, let me know if you see anything that would make me choose 1 over the other. Or which company is easier to deal with.

Rig 1: (IbuyPower) Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 562D3 Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-4100(3.6GHz) 8GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6670 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Rig 2: (CyberPowerPC) Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2098 (GU2098) Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-4100(3.6GHz) 8GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

They have the same processor, same RAM, same HD, Same 64bit W7.. and same Graphics Card. I just don't understand what's the difference, is it like.. the same rig but different companies? Does it matter which I choose.

~Thanks techies of GC ;)

2. #2 i liketrees, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
    I don't have time to look through the specs of each thoroughly right now, but it looks like they're basically identical, so you can probably choose based on which case, mouse, and keyboard you like.

But I can't justify this post without saying that if you're a DIY kind of person, you can save a lot of cash and get a lot better components if you want to try your hand at building your own (which is about as hard as assembling legos). I mainly say this because the graphics card is fairly low end (though even low end cards will probably run anything you want these days).

Overall, they're both good computers for a good price. My first computer was a cyberpowerpc and I loved it until I opened it up to upgrade my RAM and saw how awfully it was assembled. It didn't affect performance or anything, I'm just a freak about cable management, but always look over your inside components if you're having someone else assemble your computer, because they tend to take the easy way out.

EDIT: also, try posting this in silicon valley- probably more techie people there.

3. I was thinking with the games I want to play now, the graphics card should be fine, like, it will play WoW on Ultra at 50fps+. I have put computers together before, but I'm scared i'll fuck something up lol.

I've played WoW, on low detail with 10 fps for years, so this will be a huge upgrade.

I play newer and FPS games on console (I prefer it), but if I get a new game or something for a computer I'll definitely look into upgrading the graphics card, thank's for the response.

4. I HIGHLY suggest that you NOT use companies that prebuild your PC.

Theyre over priced, sometimes come DOA, and they wont let you open it up until warranty is over.

I would suggest buying all the desired parts, and then building it yourself, or taking it all to a local PC store.

If youd like, PM me and i can help you further

5. Alright.

6. Cyberpower and ibp are the same company, just different branches.

7. I highly recommend building your own as the extra money can be used for a slightly more powerful upgrade. They jack up the prices on hardware for pre built plus assembly cost.

I built my first computer and it was 3k, and I thought I would fuck it up too, But it was much simpler, if you have hands and tweezers that fit the slots.

8. 3k Holy shit? that seems hella expensive, It looks like you can get all the top notch shit required to play any games (Bf3) on ultra with 60+ FPS for around $1200 if you build your own.

Can you post your specs?