Help me build this speaker grow box please.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by ParanoidNormal, Mar 29, 2012.

1. No problem, and yea you could hang some type of flap over the fans like light trap but it would restrict air flow bye just a little but it works great especially just at night and remove it during the hot days, with the light leaks I am having and trying to solve this same problem, luckily I got the top of the speaker to just open and the adhesive acts as 1 hinge so just my fan leaks light and a few cracks on the top, but its still a problem. I also have to get Heavy Duty digital light timer with a battery backup because the power has been goin out crazy up here.

2. subd for knowledge...

3. #43 GrapeDutchh, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
    Dont give up man. My speaker box is stealthy and functional.. I thought about a dresser or something but its not gonna be stealthy when someone tries to open the drawers an they dnt work lol.

hear me out, dnt hear me out..

but u wanna simplify everything so u can get all the shit u need in there. U need air movement and 88 is a little hot man try taking out a bulb. As for the lights all on diff cords - get the fixtures with 2 bulbs

good luck bro

Edit: make a light-trap around the fans.. Cardboard painted black works if u dont wanna fuck with it too much. I put dryer hose sprayed black around the fan and it flexes down

Dutchie

4. Well I did give up on the speaker.

I spent all day yesterday and today building this little sweetness. Other than a few little light leaks around the door and fans. Not too shabby if I do say.

Any tips on getting weather stripping to not be such a pain in the ass!?

ForumRunner_20120415_170815.png

ForumRunner_20120415_170823.png

ForumRunner_20120415_170835.png

5. you could set up a boarder on the inside around the frame (not on doors) maybe 4".. I used some thin plywood i forget the name. Caulk it up and add the weather stripping.

6. Do you guys think I can get away with 2 plants in this cab?

7. Depends with ur lights that close together 1 bushy plant is good, 2 bushy plants may fight for the light. Just my opinion.

8. So right now its four 26w and depending how it effects temp I have a 65w cfl I can add to the mix

9. dont remove any lights you should be shooting for 3-5000 lumens per square foot i got
    2 42 wat bulbs in mine with a 120mm for exaust and temps are only 70f if anything get more fans in there i myself plan on adding anouther 250 watt cfl 2700 k wonce i flower so i will be adding anouther 120mm fan and possibly anouther 80mm if needed :D
    p.s if ur wondering wat these cfls can do i got 27 dry my lst setup and only used 80watts to flower 1 lady with no nutes and jus some shitty soil from home depot so despite what anyone says bout cfls there great for low budget grows

10. Nice cab. i like how its set up

11. Thanks. I devoted my entire weekend to setting this up. Only light of sun I saw was when I had to run out and get supplies that were inevitably forgotten or over looked. Still got some work to do, but almost complete.

I will start updating the actual grow process starting tonight.

12. Awesome cab! Yours is what I originally wanted mine to be but didn't have the tools or time to follow through with. It looks great! Can't wait to see what your plant turns into!

13. Thanks! Still has some tweaking to be done but getting there...

Here we are today is day 9 for this bagseed hopefully female.

What's with the leaves hanging down?
    First hunch I would take a stab and say too hot. Stays around 85F

ForumRunner_20120416_210925.png

ForumRunner_20120416_210933.png

ForumRunner_20120416_210943.png

ForumRunner_20120416_210952.png

14. I hate that I started this thread as something different should I start a new one or just continue on this one...

15. So any takers on why the droopy leaves?

Temps were 90 this morning

16. its to hot you have probly stunted its grow you might notice itll probly slow down for the nxt few days try getting more air blowing around in the box im only using 2fans with 2 42 watt cfls in my speaker n the temps never go above 80

17. and the droopy leaves are probly from the heat if not it might be getting to much water the are the most commen with droopy leaves as far as i know

18. Room temp is often 77 so 85 degrees is right on as far as the difference. More air flow in the room the cab is in I believe might help.

19. I dunno about the droopy leaves. Could it be over or under watering?

20. I will start the process of eliminating factors. I water when the soil is basically bone dry about an inch deep in the soil. Then I water with tap water until a bit of run off comes out. Works out to be once a day. Perhaps I should hold off and let it be dry a bit... Or perhaps I could not let the soil get so dry.

Btw there is a tiny root coming through the drainage hole. Maybe my little seedling cup is too short. Its about 3.5 inches deep