Help?? maybe =)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sharpshooter308, Sep 5, 2012.

1. hey guys its me again i wanted to show you an updated pic, i transplanted like 2 weeks ago into bigger pot, it seems my leaves are drooping quite a bit can ya shed some light on whats the matter if anything
    [​IMG]

2. My plants droop during lights out and after watering. It can be normal or it can be a sign of stress, depends on what's causing it. What are your temps, soil mix, watering schedule, humidity, ph, what are you feeding her, etc. (looks fine to me, doesn't look like a problem but list your conditions anyway)

3. Temps humidity and water ph are fine 75-80ish degress all the time. soils MG organic mix inch or 2 perlite in bottom plus a 20-80 perlite soil mix. i Know some say its alot others say good. I water when top of soil gets dry like if i take my finger and scrap top of soil, if its dry underneath i water. ph is at 6.5-7 out of tap, only thing ive changed is i started to spray her with a water bottle thinking maybe it was heat stress to cool her down....got 2 60w CFLs on her and turn her every 12 hours or so to vary the way lights hits

If you think shes looking good i wont worry to much, as for nutrients nothing yet, i was trying to go on without anything (i know BIG nono lol)

4. Sounds perfect. I've got an auto that reacts almost instantly to whatever I do, it's very interesting to watch... also lets me know what she likes and doesn't like. They communicate with us, if we pay attention ;)

5. Still trying o figure out in my head ho big i want it to get before i go to 12/12 i know i cant have some huge monster in my house, and i have limited space to work with so worst case is it gets to big for me to provide enough light.....any ideas on the right size? before i start flower stage i really wanted a short bushy plant but im letting her grow how she wants =)

6. [quote name='"sharpshooter308"']Still trying o figure out in my head ho big i want it to get before i go to 12/12 i know i cant have some huge monster in my house, and i have limited space to work with so worst case is it gets to big for me to provide enough light.....any ideas on the right size? before i start flower stage i really wanted a short bushy plant but im letting her grow how she wants =)[/quote]

How much upward space do you have?

7. upward space a whole lot but i have my plants on a workshop bench in basement so the prob is if they get to big i wont have spots on sides of plant to mount lights.....ill either have to move plants to a table in middle of room and build some kinda contraption to clamp lights to, or idk what. i really would like to mount lights better, there just the clamp lights with reflector domes.
    This pic is taken from behind one light clamped on a 1x1 post and facing the other light clamped on a cordless drill lmao
    [​IMG]

8. i really need o construct something out of wood that can go around and above plant that i can clamp the lights wherever needed =(

9. I say bout the same as an auto then about 16 to 24 inches

10. You can lst or top to make them bushier.

11. i really need to look into lst ing a plant, everything always seems so complicated tho, and id hate to try it and end up hurting my plant or killling it ya know

12. [quote name='"sharpshooter308"']i really need to look into lst ing a plant, everything always seems so complicated tho, and id hate to try it and end up hurting my plant or killling it ya know[/quote]

Lst is the safest way to train your plant. I wouldn't recommend it for a first grow.

13. yeah this is def a first grow. More or less im training myself and getting used to it all. but as you see in the pics i would say im doing a decent job =)

14. With cfls, you're better off going 12/12 at 8-10" depending on your genetics. Using cfl bulbs to me, is all about overcoming their inefficiency and working within their limitations. If I can direct all of the plant's energy to a dozen or so tops within a few inches of a bank of cfl bulbs, that's far more efficient than spreading them out over a larger plant with a single top. My cfl build is in my first blog if you want to check it out, served me well for 2+ years.

That being said, I've seen some 5' bushes yield 30 grams of smoke, when the same could've been achieved with an 18" bush and 6 bulbs. Nothing stopping you from growing however you want, some people like 5' plants, I'm just mentioning some options... thinking out loud I guess :smoke:

I think your plant looks great for a first grow, keep up the good work.

15. Your the man not sure, rep for you (passes bowl) from the look of my plant what do u think? when should i go 12/12 like a week or so or more?

also ABSOLUTE NOOB QUESTION, i dont feel like reading a whole lot my work scheduled is nuts...if u look at my pic, the small leaves at the base of the fan leaves, are they "nodes" is that what there called?? where the bud grows??

im rambling i wanna see the top of the plant sprout out into one huge bud lmao uh so awesome, i love the looks of so many plants on the forums makes me so jealous and im just in awwww of your plants

16. [quote name='"sharpshooter308"']Your the man not sure, rep for you (passes bowl) from the look of my plant what do u think? when should i go 12/12 like a week or so or more?

also ABSOLUTE NOOB QUESTION, i dont feel like reading a whole lot my work scheduled is nuts...if u look at my pic, the small leaves at the base of the fan leaves, are they "nodes" is that what there called?? where the bud grows??

im rambling i wanna see the top of the plant sprout out into one huge bud lmao uh so awesome, i love the looks of so many plants on the forums makes me so jealous and im just in awwww of your plants[/quote]

Check this out it'll help describe nodes a little

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/322876-what-alternating-nodes.html

17. #17 Thicken Dense, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
    lol, thanks bro. Yea, at the base of the fanleaves you'll see some growth between the leaf and the stalk, they grow out into branches that become covered in buds. You can trick the plant into directing energy to those sites by simply bending the top of the plant over. That will trigger more branching and thus more bud :) (that's an easy beginner lst method, just bend the top over and hold it with string or whatever)

edit: yea, another week should do the trick, if you like :)

18. NS ok so those little leaves i see will become the branches that bud? more or less..so i want to stay in veg for quite a while yet, i really might have to look into lst because if those branches need to grow out for more bud the plants gotta get quite a bit bigger n it keeps goin up n up =p
    -by bending top of plant over do u mean like this
    [​IMG]
    and if i do should i get more light on these then
    [​IMG]

19. -NS Your one of the most helpful ive met especially without judgement or without talking down to me hahaha, good looking out Not Sure, wish i could throw ya more rep but it wont let me =p

-cannabutter thanks a bunch for the link bro it def helped get a picture in my head of how it looks =) rep for you (bong goes around)

20. [quote name='"sharpshooter308"']NS ok so those little leaves i see will become the branches that bud? more or less..so i want to stay in veg for quite a while yet, i really might have to look into lst because if those branches need to grow out for more bud the plants gotta get quite a bit bigger n it keeps goin up n up =p
    -by bending top of plant over do u mean like this

and if i do should i get more light on these then
    [/quote]

Yes those leaves will gro out to branches if you pull the top down.

Tie it down almost like your holding it in the first picture.