Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help managing money with weed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by So_savage420, May 8, 2012.

1. Ok, so I seem to spend a lot of my money on weed that I'll find myself broke sometimes when I shouldn't be because I'm an idiot. What do you guys do that help save some money but also at the same time still be able to get bud to smoke? Any suggestions on how and when you spend your money on it? I tend to buy by the sack by the way, so I'll buy 20 worth and I like to smoke at least once a night (I'm a night toker).

2. Buy in bulk and cut down on your smoking. Not really too much you can do except make more money

3. Well there's your problem...buy bulk and smoke the same amount as you would. Would you rather get 15 grams for 300 dollars, or 28?

4. I would look into this option too.
    Perhaps a quarter of an ounce would be a better purchase.
    It's a bit more of an initial outlay, but it's less per gram etc.
    However, you will need to maintain self control - as you don't want to increase your usage and/or end up having weed become a climbing expense.
    Some people in this situation might be inclined to sell to friends when they have a little more...but this isn't something I'm about to recommend.

Generally speaking though, you should never be leaving yourself broke as you say.
    My suggestion to you here is, write a budget and adhere to it.
    The things that should come first are any rent/bills and other financial obligations...a person should always make sure their home and facilities aren't going to present any problems, or leave a person without a phone or electricity.
    Work out how much you need for any ongoing expenses.
    Transport. Food. Pet Food. Household supplies.

If you're so inclined to save, this is where you put aside what you're going to put aside.

Do that shit first - The money you have left over, is going to be your entertainment money. That is, going out, dvds, WEED.
    This money, you can fuck with...sure, it might never seem like "enough" but that's how you solve your issue.

So in summary: Buy bulk, control yourself, write a budget and adhere to it.

5. You could try buying a 1 hitter, which will make you smoke smaller bowls.

6. Grow your own?
    Just a thought

I'm sick of spending money for smoke, its expensive, and frustrating tracking it down when I want some herb. So, I'm learning how to grow my own.

7. Never buy just 20 worth at a time. You might as well and save the 5-10 (depending on dealer) extra dollars and get a quarter of some mids. Use math(these prices are what I pay for mids),

$20 = 4 grams,
    $25-$30 = a quarter = 7 grams.

So there you get 3 free grams as opposed to paying gram by gram.

8. #8 So_savage420, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
    [quote name='"RandomThoughts"']
    I would look into this option too.
    Perhaps a quarter of an ounce would be a better purchase.
    It's a bit more of an initial outlay, but it's less per gram etc.
    However, you will need to maintain self control - as you don't want to increase your usage and/or end up having weed become a climbing expense.
    Some people in this situation might be inclined to sell to friends when they have a little more...but this isn't something I'm about to recommend.

Generally speaking though, you should never be leaving yourself broke as you say.
    My suggestion to you here is, write a budget and adhere to it.
    The things that should come first are any rent/bills and other financial obligations...a person should always make sure their home and facilities aren't going to present any problems, or leave a person without a phone or electricity.
    Work out how much you need for any ongoing expenses.
    Transport. Food. Pet Food. Household supplies.

If you're so inclined to save, this is where you put aside what you're going to put aside.

Do that shit first - The money you have left over, is going to be your entertainment money. That is, going out, dvds, WEED.
    This money, you can fuck with...sure, it might never seem like "enough" but that's how you solve your issue.

So in summary: Buy bulk, control yourself, write a budget and adhere to it.[/quote]

I like your idea dude, you have the right idea to not selling the little I have left I'm not trying to do that. The problem I have is controlling my self, when I buy in sacs I can make that shit last two or three nights, lately it's been only 1 day lol. I'm def going to start buying in weight I should of been doing this a long time ago and writing down a list of what needs to be paid first to budget my self cause this shouldn't be happening.

[quote name='"mjman007"']Never buy just 20 worth at a time. You might as well and save the 5-10 (depending on dealer) extra dollars and get a quarter of some mids. Use math(these prices are what I pay for mids)[/quote]

Just found about the same prices for mids today so I'm def gonna pick up an eigth to try it out.

9. [quote name='"papaduck"']Grow your own?
    Just a thought

I'm sick of spending money for smoke, its expensive, and frustrating tracking it down when I want some herb. So, I'm learning how to grow my own.[/quote]

Can't grow my own yet, I'm still a loser living at my parents house for time being lol but I'm almost done with school and will be getting my own place next year. So hey I just might, looks kinda complicated though I need to learn.

10. Definitely buy in bulk. I used to buy in eighths. I then started buying quads, then half Oz., and now in full Oz. You definitely will save money in the long run (or not so long run depending on how much you smoke). You will want to set a limit on how much you can smoke per week.

You should also smoke snaps in bowls and do as much as you can to maximize your weed, so don't roll any J's, etc. I'd suggest vape

11. Stop smoking so much weed?

Derp.

12. Buy in bulk or grow yourself.

13. take it from someone you dont like

or this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjEnC9LOuuY[/ame]

14. If possible, growing your own will take away the pain..

15. I find smoking WAY cheaper if you get lets say 3 friends of yours to smoke together everyday, and everyone buys their own weed, but smoke together.
    You get higher, you share with friends, its a win win situation...Plus i dont really like smoking by my own that much, having stoner friends smoke with you is always better and funnier.

16. ya me and my friends are all in college and making a decent amount of money but nothing great. We all throw down for a half OZ of dank or a little more, shit is expensive up here 200 for 18g's but that shit last forever because of how dank it was. Anyway moral of story I know that there is no place with more expensive weed then where i live(unless you are getting ripped off) and we are able to smoke every night.

also when you have the money buy a vape that has REALLY let me smoke whenever i want and it takes so little. I use DBV but any vape in the 200 price range should do well for you.