HELP. MAIN STEM BREAK.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sean oro, Jul 26, 2020.

1. What do I do. Week 2 of outdoor flower. Southern ontario canada.

Attached Files:

2. You can try to bandage it. Get a gauze pad and soak it in root stimulater. Wrap that gauze around the wound and then wrap athletic tape very tightly around the gauze.

Or you can just roll with it as an unplanned topping and just clean up the snap with some scissors and cut at a 45* angle about a half inch above the next set of leaves

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Looks like you have a clone now. Not easy to mend and most likely a waste of time trying!

• Like Like x 1
  4. So my main plant will still produce even with a third of the plant gone?

5. looks like it’s hardened but I would still try and tape it up.
    And yes the rest will be fine if you don’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I did that a few grows back and taped it. Fem seed turned into a male. Coincidence? Maybe..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. I have one that branch broke off and I’m going to yield 1/4 less of what I would’ve with the branch. Just depends what branch and how you train. Reason mine will produce a 1/4 less is cause I topped and grow it flat. So there’s only 3 main branches, not the 4 it should be. However, in my picture you can’t even tell! It’s just triangle shaped. 54597C3C-9317-4C8B-8079-24C3C859DEC0.jpeg

8. Tape it up
    I had 2 main stems break after a big storm last month
    In Alberta
    Both plants healed fine
    Growing great
    Used packing tape was all I had

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Just wondering what would.cause it to snap so easily. It just touched me as a walked by it.. 50 km wind no problem.light touch snaps it at the stem

10. Shits weak bro. Weakkkkkk!!!!
    Nah, that's a vulnerable spot if there is one on a weed. That's exactly where I broke the shit out of mine once
    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1