HELP...main cola snapped in half

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cinderellax, Sep 29, 2012.

1. My husband was trying to move the light, long story short green cracks main cola snapped off and PE's main cola is bent at the top. All of the plants are now stressed. Is there anyway to come back from this? Should we pull green crack? We're scared she's gonna hermie out and fuck the other two and also worried all the plants are just completely fucked now with no way of returning....

What do u guys think? For more info about my grow, click on the link below..

2. cut off what you think needs to be cut off and leave the rest alone, its not likely to hermy because of that. many people harvest plants in multiple stages, cutting off the more mature colas first.
    bending should be fine, but a snapped stem isnt very likely to heal well during flowering I believe. Id cut that, if its already usable at all.
    if all your plants are showing signs of stress, theres probably no connection to your husband dropping the light on two of them. its not like your weed freaks out cuz it witnessed its friend getting hurt... ;)

please specify what signs of stress your plants show and for how long they have been flowering. dont worry too much though, your plants are gonna be fine.
    its called weed for a reason.

3. Only reason why I said they're all stressed is cuz the light was off for a few minutes while my husband was turning the light around, then the chain fell down and hit all the plants, broke one, bent the other. Having the light off was stressful enough, then my husband had to take it a step further and brake one.

They seem to be doing fine now. The light will be off in a few minutes so we'll see how they are tomorrow morning.

I'm not expecting much from green crack anymore, hopefully she'll produce something..

4. NOT to worry.
    I have done worse to plants with no issue.

you can put a splint on a bent stalk.
    a couple tooth picks or kabob sticks and some tape.
    They usually come back as long as they are just bent and the outer skin is not ripped.

5. ^This guy knows what's up.

Stress?? Unless your growing some tend to herm bagseed,
    I wouldn't worry about it.

6. from what I understand it takes like 30min for the plant to go into night mode after lights out, so I think you're good

7. [quote name='"dalars"']NOT to worry.
    I have done worse to plants with no issue.

you can put a splint on a bent stalk.
    a couple tooth picks or kabob sticks and some tape.
    They usually come back as long as they are just bent and the outer skin is not ripped.[/quote]

The outer skin did rip so I had to snip it

8. Popsicle sticks, duct tape, bamboo plant stakes and string make up my first aid kit for plants.

9. [quote name='"tplat"']

Popsicle sticks, duct tape, bamboo plant stakes and string make up my first aid kit for plants.[/quote]

Gonna keep that in mind. Didn't even think to use popsicle sticks

10. I broke the main branch on one of my mom's plants. broke at the crotch, tore the outer skin and was hanging by a thread. I taped it back up and the plant ended up being the biggest of all of ours. This was during veg though.

11. [quote name='"m2bandit"']I broke the main branch on one of my mom's plants. broke at the crotch, tore the outer skin and was hanging by a thread. I taped it back up and the plant ended up being the biggest of all of ours. This was during veg though.[/quote]

That won't happen here, green crack was in the flowering stage when we got her so she's always been about 2 weeks behind the other 2. PE and WW are more than 4 ft tall, gc is maybe 2.

12. When you said "cola" I assumed you were flowering.

I'd try this if it happens again. Plants can endure a lot and it's not like you have anything to lose :)
    Grafting of Tomato Plants - YouTube

13. [quote name='"m2bandit"']When you said "cola" I assumed you were flowering.

I'd try this if it happens again. Plants can endure a lot and it's not like you have anything to lose :)
    Grafting of Tomato Plants - YouTube[/quote]

I am about 3 weeks into flowering. When we got the plants green crack was in flowering, we vegged for 2 weeks at which point GC was reverting back to veg right when we switched to 12/12. She's behind time wise and in size.

14. Ahh yeah that sucks. I took a bunch of clones way late. They just pulled out of flower and are vegging after a month.

15. [quote name='"m2bandit"']

Ahh yeah that sucks. I took a bunch of clones way late. They just pulled out of flower and are vegging after a month.[/quote]

I called the guy we bought the clones from and told him about gc, he said he took a bunch of gc clones right before flowering some old mothers, makes me mad I paid for a shitty clone but whatever.

16. having the lights off doesnt stress plants at all, the only way youre gonna get problems is if the plants get light when they shouldnt.
    consider your weed to be able to take any beating that any other kind of plant could, and then some more. parts breaking off dont stress the rest of the plant nearly as much as problems with your water or nutrients. you seem pretty hysterical about your plants, hope youre not stressing your husband too much... :p

17. you'd be surprised what they can recover from:

here's two places i've broken my stems this year and they recovered just fine, actually made a little tough knot eventually at both places:

[​IMG]

see in the V, you can actually see through it right there but it healed, and made that fat knot around it to compensate:

[​IMG]

18. Thanks everyone who replied. I'll keep you updated on GC's progress if anything changes.