HELP! Leaves are sagging!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DHD28, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Noticed that the leaves are drooping low and the lowest set of leaves has a little yellowing going on. There hasn't been any droopage until today. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

[​IMG]

2. soil looks dry

3. I'm new here but from what I've been reading the last couple of days it could be nitrogen deficiency. How often do you water? Have you given it any nutrients yet?

Copy paste from sick plant forum, might give the more experienced ents around here a better idea of what's going on with your plant. :

We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

4. Also, the plant looks very healthy besides the lowest set of leaves... From what I've read this is known to happen when the plant needs more nutrition for the new growth...

5. What type of medium?
    What brand and type of soil? Fox Farm Ocean
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoor
    What strain? Royal Critical +
    How old are the plants? 1 month 5 days old
    What type of lights and how many watts? two 42watt 6500K CFL daylight + 1 26 watt 2700K CFL bulb
    How far from the lights? 7 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Every 2-3 days. Filtered water from the refrigerator that's been aerated for 24 hours
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Fed nothing.
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 70-74 degrees. not sure about humidity
    What size pots? 2 gallon smartpot
    Any bugs? Look real close. none
    Any other pertinent info?

Really hope this helps. Thanks for responding.

6. Move your lights closer, water more (not more often just more) start using FF trio nutes at 1/4 strength and add more light.

7. Water more? Really? According to this site: Over watering | Grow Weed Easy I'm watering it too much! I noticed the droop the day after I watered it.

8. what amount of water are you giving her?

9. half a cup. so maybe 6 oz of water?

10. half a cup is 4 0z of water for a plant that is more than a month old. So if you have been giving her that on avg every 3rd day you have given her a total of 5 cups of water.
    My original thought stands more water, more light.

11. #11 bmeat, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
    as long as the pot drains, you can give it as much water as youd like (just dont mess up the soil to the point where the roots give way) you get the point right? after youve flooded it, dont water it until the water in the soil has almost fully evaporated.

your soil looks great, your plant looks great, you have plenty of light. you should get some great buds

if you want to try to give them some natural fertilizer, mix a bladder full of urine with two cups of water. urine is sterlie out of the bladder, unless you have a kidney or urinary infection, and its great, sustainable plant food thats already been pre "chewed" if you will, just like manure (but different)

Urine contains large quantities of nitrogen (mostly as urea), as well as significant quantities of dissolved phosphates and potassium, the main macronutrients required by plants, with urine having plant macronutrient percentages (i.e. NPK) of approximately 11-1-2 by one study[18] or 15-1-2 by another report,[19] illustrating that exact composition varies with diet. Undiluted, it can chemically burn the roots of some plants, but it can be used safely as a source of complementary nitrogen in carbon-rich compost.[20]

When diluted with water (at a 1:5 ratio for container-grown annual crops with fresh growing medium each season,[21] or a 1:8 ratio for more general use[20]), it can be applied directly to soil as a fertilizer. The fertilization effect of urine has been found to be comparable to that of commercial fertilizers with an equivalent NPK rating.[22] Urine contains most (94% according to Wolgast[18]) of the NPK nutrients excreted by the human body. Conversely, concentrations of heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and cadmium, commonly found in solid human waste, are much lower in urine (though not low enough to qualify for use in organic agriculture under current EU rules).[23] The more general limitations to using urine as fertilizer then depend mainly on the potential for buildup of excess nitrogen (due to the high ratio of that macronutrient),[21] and inorganic salts such as sodium chloride, which are also part of the wastes excreted by the renal system. The degree to which these factors impact the effectiveness depends on the term of use, salinity tolerance of the plant, soil composition, addition of other fertilizing compounds, and quantity of rainfall or other irrigation.

12. I think it needs more light. I have 4 vegging under 7 23 watt cfls and have way more healthy growth in much less time.