Help Keeping Plants Short Outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Greenunit, Jun 2, 2020.

1. I've got four plants I've started indoors that I'm just starting to put outside in 5gal buckets. It's a likely possibility that I'll need to move them to a different city towards the end of my grow, so with that in mind, I want to keep them as short as possible so they'll fit in my vehicle.

I've started topping them - done it twice so far, and LSTing them as well. Are there any other techniques to keep plants small? Even if it affects yield that might be okay, because the other option could be that I have to kill them off. This isn't a certainty yet, but I want to plan ahead in case. Advice?

2. why the new city

3. You can keep topping them until they begin to bloom. I kept a plant in my squash garden in full view of the street by topping, it was no taller than the squash plants. The problem I had was the buds were so low to the ground they got full of sand which can't be rinsed off so I made wax.

• Like Like x 2
  4. hell we just planted 4 seedlings in our garden 50 yards from the neighbor's house and the highway, threw 10 10 10 all over the weeds to make them buck up high

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'll probably have to move

6. Were they ridiculously wide? That's a feasible option though

7. It wasn't especially wide. I was so brutal with cutting it back it hurt the yield but if I hadn't been so hard on it I couldn't have grown it at all.

8. dont feel bad, i fucked one of mine up really bad, cut a main leaf, and topped it wrong,
    really wrong, like, cut the main two new stems that had grown, but now its the month
    of stretch. hoping it rebounds, anyone care to give thier opinion??
    sorry but cant post pics,,

9. These plants are resilient enough while in veg to recover from almost any kind of trimming. You can cut it back so much it looks like Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree and it'll recover. You can take every leaf and tip and it'll grow new ones....usually.

10. what about nitrogen burn???? cactus ed
    one main leaf looks terrible..its on one about a month old