HELP!! Just purchased a ppm meter

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tweed420, Mar 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. #1 Tweed420, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    Can anyone help I just purchased a ppm meter and cant grasp it when taken reading from my nute mix. Anyone got the patience to teach me even the basics I've tried videos on youtube and now more confused please someone idiot proof it for me hahaha. I got a reading of 023 from plain watering and then mixed my nutes a low dosage to the water and now my reading now says 347 is this safe to use I'm just going into 5 weeks of flower

• Like Like x 1
  2. Post a pic of the full plant and what media you're using mate.
    If it's coco I'll be able to tell you the magic number. If it's soil someone else be able to.
    Need to see what size the plant is though.

3. Often its called a TDS meter Total Density Meter - getting the name right is just the beginning ...lol

insert probe into poo mix read off numbers

don't insert too far as you will screw the bits in side

same with cleaning dip careful in clean water

leave in the sun to dry turned off (note that last bit)

023 minus 347 is the amount of shit in your nutes =324 ppm's

good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeah I know its tds lol says on it actually tds is my initials so I should remember it lol can I just say thanks for your time. I'm in soil I'll add a pic for ya

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. If my ppms is in my feed is 324 should I keep adding nutes to take it upto about 800 ppms

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 old shol4evr, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 2
  7. Erm why are you checking ppms if your In soil :/. Your just adding an unnecessary task.

what soil and nutes?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. #8 old shol4evr, Mar 14, 2020
    delete

• Like Like x 2
  9. I'm using all mix soil and biobizz grow flower

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks I've had trouble with 3 others in the garden so thought I would start keeping a eye on what goes in rather going by the feed chart as it's just a guide so I've been told. Thanks everyone for your help

• Like Like x 1
  11. buo bizz is great stuff. Check out my last journal and you’ll see I use it all pretty much.
    It’s always a guide because it depends how big your plants are.

this is a good guide. If you count week 3 as week 1 of flower and go from there. I grow big plants and never needed go above max dose.
    B89F4129-496D-4178-98A7-E1F8D53F3B0E.jpeg

But with this stuff you shouldnt need to know ppms or ph. I don’t know your problem so you know what your useing it for.
    I tested the other day just for fun see what my water is
    E26B0779-59B8-4916-BD49-C5C1CEE178AC.jpeg

Remember to treat biobizz as organics and your good to go

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thanks for the info my problem is I've always under used the nutes due to fear of hurting my babys so I bought a ppm just to check what's going in and running off bottom of the plant are yellowing and starting to climb up turning the bottom yellow and then dying off

• Like Like x 1

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 old shol4evr, Mar 15, 2020
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  15. Your a legend mate cheers I like your style mate thanks I'll stick to those numbers. I've always used fox farm nutes when I say always my last 3 grows but this is my 1st using biogrow and flower never had a problem using fox farm so I'm going back to them

• Like Like x 2
  16. #16 old shol4evr, Mar 15, 2020
    delete

• Like Like x 2
  17. I don’t check ppm chill just feed every water use calmag every water I use maxi bloom every feed has calmag in it it works great I go in with 800-1000 ppm always they love it and ph perfect ph IS important maxibloom same ph perfect
    Go for it just don’t overwater get a moisture meter and lift pot to judge wet or dry good luck here’s a pick of maxibloom BDF [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2