HELP just planted need info!.....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by handle4barz20, Oct 24, 2004.

1. help im growin for my first time i just planted on 10-22-04 i need help im gunna plant now and move out after last frost for harvest i have 7 seeds in damp paper towl and i have about 15 in dirt how long till thay sprout and should i leve them by the window after thay sprout or hook up the floro help pleas befor my plants sprought and die

2. Welcome 2 da city ;)
    It could take anywhere from 1-14 days for em to sprout, usually within a week.I'd definitely put em under some floro's, prefferably 'daylight' or 'cool white' tubes/Cfl's.Since theyre gonna be outdoors eventually u wanna strengthen up the plant for the harsh conditions, keep a fan blowing on em to blow em about a little.It will thicken the stem and branches and make em stronger! I dunno much bout the actual outdoor growing though, hope that helps and good luck!!
    CWL

3. Alright man so you started the germenation process, Since I'm stoned off my ass i'm gonna type out as much as i can to help ya out.

Step 1:Germenation
    This is when you go from a dormant seed to a living plant, You seem to have that under control but just some tips. Make sure they are in a nice warm and dark place in this stage, also make sure that those paper towels/soil doesn't dry out. In these conditions check the plants ever 12-24 for water and a tap root. The tap root is a little white "root" that will come out of the seed anywhere from 12 hours to 7 days. If you germenated in soil do not check on the seeds, you will have to wait and see when/if they break the soil. When the Tap Root is anywhere from 1/8 to 1 inch, carefully (try not to touch the tap root), move it from the paper towel into a moist soil mix in something around the size of a 2 liter bottle. When placing it in using ur finger make a 1/2 inch dent in the soil and place the seed in with the tap root facing down, lightly cover the whole and wait. From now you can put them under lights but it's not required. When you can see the seedling break the soil you can move on to the next step.

Step 2: Veg
    Ok Now you want to have your plants under the lights, theres a lot of info out there about how to use each type of light so i leave that to you and the search button. But you will need sufficent lighting and ventilation in the area you are planing to grow. From now until you decided to flower all the plants need is watering (use the finger method for testing when to water), light (in either a 24/0 or 18/6 light cycle), ferts (optional) and one atleast repotting before they go into flowering. By the time ur ready to flower you would have probably read all about it from the city so i won't explain that. Plus the info above should keep you going for a while.

Vokal