Help is this big enough!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sissc0, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Debating if I should buy this to grow hydro. Ive never grown before but from what Ive seen hydro looks easier to care to then of growing indoors with dirt. I can get lights and grow box. I was wondering if I should get this; will it yield full grown plants and how efficient and use full is this buy. If it is compatible; does it come with everything to get started with. (besides lights....) I just want to make sure I can use this, from the looks it looks like a small plant hydro setup/ a cloning place. Please give me feed back would really appreciate it.

6 SITE HYDROPONIC COMPLETE GROW SYSTEM KIT W/ NUTRIENTS | eBay

Also look at this is please people thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hydroponic-...in_0&var=&hash=item256272655b#ht_10853wt_1396

2. no that is a homemade joke for sale. 2 inch net pots will not support shit except some clones

just make your own
    if you're handy.

that second one inst too bad ..it least has pots big enough to support a plant over 8 inches tall

soil is much easier to grow in BTW and I suggest any new grower to start in soil.. as it is much more forgiving.

what kind of light and area are we talking about for your grow ?

3. Thinking about getting a little grow tint, about 4x4 or so. For the light I was debating between a HPS and metal halide. I think im going with a 250 watt for the tint metal halide.

4. 250 will do 2x2 area

for that tent 400 or 600 would be best (they come in "switchable" so you don't have to choose MH or HPS also )

a 2x2 tent will do about 2 plants well, and the 4x4 will do 4 well.

5. Thanks man for the help also. could you give me feedback to the last link I gave in the OP. Im really considering buying the 4 plant with kit. Could you check if that is all I should need to get started. 1 more think do you know where i can find a beginners hydroponics guide that shows the fertilizers mix and all that stuff.

P.S. If i make a 4x4 grow box 4ft wide 4ft long how tall should it be?

Thanks man for the help. Sorry i sound kinda newbie.

6. the last link is kinda cool dude will make the system to your specs.

but the 4 plant stater kit is 120 bucks you can make 7-8 of em for that $$

or order in a pro built unit for same cash

Easy 2 Grow Gravity Feed System - Discount Hydroponics

General Hydroponics RainForest 36 Aeroponic System - Discount Hydroponics

General Hydroponics WaterFarm Drip System - Discount Hydroponics

6+ feet IMHO.. some folks go micro in like 4 and 2 feet head space..but I find heat issue when I do that.

Used Discount Hydro out of convenience, I know the site well.

I gotta run for a bit ..but keep tossing questions .. others will help, and I'll stop back in later .

7. Alright cool man thanks. Anyone got some cheap recommendations for grow tent and light. Im thinking maby a grow florescent light...

8. Again, more bang for your buck if you diy. I'd expect half the yield of an HID from a floro, so paying full price for a big ass floro bulb is like getting ripped off twice. Spend a few extra bucks on hid and double your yield for every harvest. DIY floro runs me about $20 per 100w.

Cheap tents leak light. Build a box :D

9. Or repurpose an old wardrobe or cabinet. Damn can't drive around without seeing some type of furniture that would be fantasic to modify for a grow cab.

I'm in the hps camp too. Flouro only good for propagation and keeping moms