help in the attic

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 2old2rock'nroll, Mar 19, 2003.

1. hey dont get me wrong, and are you trying to be offensive
    i was just trying to share the info that i had acquired on it man. im not correcting you or saying that i "KNOW MORE THAN YOU".

i do understand much about the cultivation and different methods but there is always more to learn and different variations

what exactly is your method ScrOD?
    please if you have the patience with "stupid people like me"

2. sorry growbig, re-reading wot i posted again it does sound bad.

ScrOG aint my idea, its training and pruning ur plant to grow through chickin wire and the like. it aint a new idea, ppl have been doing it to plants for years. iv grown a thai plant outdoors by training it to grow in with a climbing rose that was in an arch trellis, easy enough done and it was amazing the amount of ppl that walked straght passed it. it wasnt scrog tho. rocknroll posted this link..
    http://members.rotfl.com/genefarris/
    its well worth having a read of this page and theres a link to another page that u shud have a look at aswell.

as far as max yeald goes it takes sea of green that next step. im gonna give it a try, just to say iv done it more than anything else and i know its gonna teach me a lot about the plant we call a weed. half the fun of growing for me tho is just growing a nice plant, sitting in my growroom getting stoned from the thick dank air and just messing with my babys. then again i said that about hydro.

3. they do lose a bit everytime but as a quick easy 2nd crop its a nice little bonus.

i ant got a clue wot wud happen. im guessin that the hormones wud stay at the top and all the water it drank wud syphen down to the lowest point, like blood rushing to ur head when u do a hand stand. i think if i get a spare plant i mite try it on my next grow, i got the room.

4. It's amazing you know, my fater listened to pink floyd for 40 years and never knew the albums go with movies;

I sure have grown some shit before, and i have never heard of that ScrOG, thank you so much for the link barnaby

the pics were down on that site, but i can find more im sure,

thanks for the patience with the noobs around here :)

5. lol floyd r cool.

im a newb ere myself m8, iv bin growing for over 12 years on and off tho.

dont thank me thank 2old2rocknroll 4 the link. i cudnt get the links to work very well either, when i did tho i saved the page. i'l sort it out and send it u.

6. I couldn't get some of the pics on that scrog site to maximise either but it's still worth looking at. I saved the whole thing up as a word doc. So if ya' need it like that let us know and i'll forward it on.
    As far as growing upside down goes check this out on overgrow ( whoops swearing again). Apparently tomato growers do it standing on their heads to (he he).

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?threadid=212531

Flick through to the last page for results etc.

There's also some excellent scrog and bog ideas on there to.

7. i dunno how much faith to put into the tomato story but it is food 4 thought (no pun intented)

iv seen the rotating gardens b4. i was looking at them about 5 yr ago. the 1s i seen were like 8 drain pipes stuffed with rockwool on a rotating frame aroung the lamp and as the plant grew the tubes cud b moved away from the lamp. they cud also b stacked ontop of eachother. i think it worked out that it incresed ur growin area x8, very impresive.

the only reason i didnt get 1 was money and the earacke i wud of got off the better half.

it was an intersting theread. threw up more questons than answers tho, i did notice it was an old thread as well and no post was made about the outcome. either he didnt do it or he failed somehow.

still leaves us wher we started. if u want to know if u can do it ur gonna have to try it.

8. hi,
    yeah i think your right there barnaby, i guess i'll just have to get me finger out and experiment, who said there's no such thing as a free lunch? Still looking 4 one though.
    Well another 3 or 4 weeks and this grow will be finished and then i'll have to get out the wood, saw, screws and white tarpaulin. God! i'm sweating already.
    Much rather settle back with a glass or 2 of wine, purely for co2 purposes hi!, and a nice smoke or 2 or 3.

9. lol i dont envy u at all m8, i gotta admit after reading all that stuff about mod n box scrog i had big plans. then i thought about the work involved and thought again. im still gonna do a scrog soon (sometime this year) but i aint gonna go mad till iv got the mesure of it. just a normal flat 4'x4' flat scrog under a 400wHps or sumfing. if that works well then hmmm, mayb! now where did i put that corkscrew?????

10. hmmmm...
    just wondering about your idea of reflowering, with the bottom half of the plants, could do a SOG after cutting the top half off.
    Sorry i didn't answer so soon but been away a few days.
    Anbody any more ideas about how to re-design my attic?