HELP...in need of advise

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by harmless smoker, Mar 26, 2008.

1. hey all! i'm new to growing and pretty much everything to do with it. i had some seeds from some budd my friend gave me and decided to plant some and see what happens and a week or so later i have a sprout . so anyways it is now about 5 inches tall, i have it in a sorta opened cupboard but with boards around it and tinfoil on the inside of the boards, im using 2x36inchx96 watt CFL bulbs that my brotehr used on his fishtank. when the first 2 leafs were sprouting my cat got into the plant at night and bit off 2 of them but it continued to grow. now it is growing its 5 point leafs but it seems very small or somethign isnt right in the atmosphere and i cant figure out what it is. i just set up a yeast and sugar concentration for Co2. but other than that im lost. it has been growing for about 2 weeks now, and tips on what i should do for it?

yeah, i was looking around for mylar but i don't know where to get it. and also im on a tight budget so i cant get it till next week so i figured i would just use tinfoil for now.also info- ummm well the plant is pretty much in a box just under 36 inches in length 20 in depth and 15 inches high. i have the plant in a 6 inch pot and there are some roots starting to come out the bottom, i have the light about 4-5 inches away from the plant, the temperature stays around 30 C, but the humidity stays at 35-40 and i dont knwo how to get teh humidity up.

2. white paint is more effective than foil. The foil can actually hurt your plants. Mainly you don't want the air standing in there, get a cheap fan and keep the air moving. The more light, the better, but keep 'em cool.

Peace

3. thats a lil warm, air circulation is key, a fan will do great things, the more the air and leaves move the more the plant will be able to use available co2. to increase humidity you can simply use a fucking spray bottle. research the forums here in all sections, especially though grow journals and indoor growing, also you will find many threads in sick plants that may help you avoid situations that may start to arise and take care of them quickly. there is no reason why a first time grower can't do great things with their plants as long as they're willing to read a bit and not afraid to just give it a whirl. watch your feeding/nutrients and make sure you're not using the wrong kinds or over feeding them, and don't over water or drown the plants. like stated before all this and more can be found with some searching, and if you have issues remember most likely someone has encountered the same thing in the past and already created a thread and found answers on the topic. if you have a camera, start a grow journal and the friendly people here at grasscity will help you along the way, take care.