Help Im New

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bluntedyouknow, May 20, 2006.

1. CAN ANYONE PLZ EXPLAIN TOPPING AND LST TO ME IM A BEGGINER SO NO CRAZY LANGUAGE JUST SO I CAN UNDERSTAND TY THIS WILL BE VERY HELPFULL

2. Baisically for LST your just gonna grow a vegative plant high enough to tie down at a 90deg. angle so that you fet numerouse growth tips instead of a coloa and some smaller branch buds. every time you tie down a branch allowing more light to reach other parts of the plant you should get another growth tip. I dont know much about topping but i think it works on the same principal of getting a bunch of smaller buds instead of one big one.

3. Topping is a method of cutting the top of the plant to encourage it to then grow two or more tops in place of the one you cut off. Some people swear by it, some people think it's crazy to believe you increase your yield by removing the highest-yielding part of the plant.

LST is a training technique, literally "low stress training", involving tieing the plant down with string or pipe cleaners or such to force side branches to develop as tops. This technique takes advantage of a survival mechanism in the plant -- if in nature the top of the plant gets bent then other parts of the plant step up to replace it.

Use the search button and check links in my sig to learn more.

4. If you want to see some photos of LST in action you can check the link in my sig for my current grow.

On my first grow I harvested two plants. One was topped and the other LSTed. The overall yield was pretty close between the two.

I just love tying down my plants and trying to maximize the size of my canopy.

:bongin: