Help, I'm a seedling serial killer!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SuperBowlPackers, Dec 28, 2019.

1. I had this problem for a while, I couldn't keep a seed to save my life. This is what worked for me.

Germinate seeds with paper towel method. Then plant directly into soil about 5cm deep. Don't over water! Spray mist them with a spray bottle once a day. Avoid those rapid rooters as they dried out so quickly for me. Straight to soil and don't over water is the key

• Like Like x 1
  2. Update: when germinating the autos in paper towels and planting directly into 3 gal smart pots, 7 of 8 seeds didn't make it. I started 3 more in Root Riots, all three sprouted in two days. I did have one end up growing the wrong way in the plug, had to very carefully split the plug and right the sprout. All three are planted and looking great now. With the extremely low humidity I'm dealing with, the Root Riots have worked very well to keep proper air and moisture around the roots. I'm sold, at least for winter autoflower grows.

• Like Like x 3
  3. seedking soil works great but dont grow the plant in soil transplant from seedling soil to regular soil. seedling soil stays super hydrated and will get em out of the ground but will lead it to its death by major ow when just trying to grow complete plant in seedling soil. ive done this. use good micro as well with something like propogater root juice to get the roots to develope in very small ppm to start

4. Grow photos from the best bag of weed you can find a seed in. If your lucky you will get some real seedy shit and a have a lifetime supply.

5. That's my next grow, found a couple in a bag of some incredible flower.

6. Just make a 1/2 inch deep hole in the final pot, put the seed in and then cover with soil. Water lightly and keep misting a bit every 24 hours. No hassle and no transplanting needed. Don't complicate it. The seedling will break top soil under 4 days.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. One other suggestion make sure your soil is moist all the way thru. Sometimes fox farms soil will be dry in the bag and it is hard to get it wet by just watering it in the pot. I pour my soil in a large container first and then work in the water with my hands before I use it. This will avoid any dry pockets in your soil when plants are very small. I have killed a few seedlings from dry pockets in my soil.

8. yea just because the plants it small doesnt mean use little water i usually water with 1/8 up to 1 cup daily for first week and a half to two weeks then i jump right to 1.5 litres every two to three days after around week 3 or 5 depending on circumstances if all done well ill then move to 3 litres every two to three days per plant. bigger the roots bigger the plants. you can also ise a dome for seedlings they work great esspecially in little rock wool cubes.

9. also for a plant to grow properly it need a good runoff each watering to help rid the soil of excess nuitrients mineral build up and plant waste.