help im a newbie

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by smokinpipe, Jul 30, 2009.

1. i am germinating them with the paper towel and getting them to start a 1/4 in root then i plant them into the soil witch is in a plastic cup and covered with clear plastic.

my problem is i couldn't get them to come up within a week so i dug one up and the root was like a inch but the top was all roughed so i dug another and another and they were all that way whats my problem.

i have holes in the bottom of the cup and they are under 18 hours of HPS

2. You need to not make it airtight on top. If you have plastic wrap on top, poke a few holes in it. Do not water them at all until they are out of the soil.

3. dude get your self some peet pots. go to home depo. or menards they have germenating starter kits. also take a shot glass fill it half way with water put a few seeds in put i warm place. cove the shot glass with a cup so no light gets in for 24hrs. check after 24 hrs. seeds that are not floting good to plant in peet pots. if seeds are still floting stir with finger see if they drop to bottom. some will start to sprout in shot glass you can see it some times. then wait a few days seeds will sprout.

4. Patience is a virtue. You also may be planting them too deep so it's taking longer. Or the HPS is producing heat drying the soil out. They don't need light till they sprout.