Help identifying white bugs?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DonFKennedy, Feb 24, 2015.

1. First off, I'm an idiot.

A little details about my set-up:

Flood and drain
    2 separate rooms (veg, flower; both flood and drain)
    tables filled with hydroton clay pebbles
    pots filled with chow mix (hydroton on bottom and coco throughout the top)

I run perpetual. A couple days ago I noticed bugs in my garden. Ive never had any before and been growing for a couple years. I just recently switched to add coco in the top 3/4 of each individual pot. I think the bugs came from the coco (wasn't the brick kind, was loose coco in the big bag)

The bugs:

the bugs are white and oval shaped (almost wormish, but they're VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY small.) Just small enough to see with your naked eye. My friend with glasses had a hard time seeing for a couple minutes until he saw one of the highly populated leaves.

This is where me being an idiot comes from.

I was making clones and saw a green bug on my arm. I googled green bugs and found aphids as the answer. I started making plans, bought 25 auto-flowering strains, and started cutting down the plants in the veg room (because I heard the aphid battle is one that isnt even worth fighting if you can clear the room, clean with bleach, and start over).. The autos are for a quick turnover so I do not miss a harvest while i get back in the game.

Then i looked at the roots of the 14 mature plants that were ready to flower. They were icey white (besides some stains from the hydroton and nutes flooding) and healthy. I looked online since I really only saw that ONE green bug on my arm and am seeing TONS of white ones and am seriously second guessing my aphid idea. I took some pictures. They're VERY small, white, and look like short worms. They are on higher leaves, lower leaves, and they also have things that look like small white gnats flying around (mostly when I disturb the area).

What are they? They make the leaves look like the green has been sucked right off them (as you can see) and there are several on the leaves pictured (VERY small white bugs).

PLEASE HELP! :(

Attached Files:

2. Spider mites maybe

3. The last picture is the best. They're all over. Especially if you follow the leaf along the middle vein. There are three chillin along that line.

(referring to the middle vein if you wanted to fold that single leaf symmetrically.. or for those of you into arts and crafts, "hot-dog style")

I have cut down 14 plants, but still have some mothers and clones that I could salvage if possible.

4. could be aphids, neem the fuck out of everything every 3 days or less to break the hatching cycle.

5. Looks like thrips. Monterey Garden insect spray gets rid of them. Make sure to spray the undersides of the leaves.

6. Thrips. 100% neem or Karanja oil (ahimsa brand) emulsified in potassium silicate. Spray this once a week every week till the 2-4 week of flowering. Prevention is the best medicine, start an IPM schedule.

Bham

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum