HELP. IDENTIFY THESE MARKINGS!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by treesisme11, Mar 31, 2016.

1. So I've been doing some research online and it keeps taking me to the same answer. SPIDER MITES. Now, before we jump to conclusions, I wanted to take a couple pictures, show you what i see and let you help me out.

I've already released lady bugs in the grow rooms, and have some mighty wash on the way coming tomorrow.

I've inspected different problem leafs and plants and haven't noticed any mites, however I have spotted a couple thrips from time to time but not in large numbers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And these six look like absolute shit, but could be contributed to moving them into a new aquaponics setup while its cycling.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. well i have to say that those plants look fairly healthy and allot of leaves for its size. Have you seen any webs because if you haven't it shouldn't be a problem, it could possibly be infected with some bacteria or fungi.

3. Doesn't look like spider mites. They leave smaller white dots and hundreds of them.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1

4. to be honest one time i was growing a shrub and there where constantly ladybugs on it and they would leave those marks to so I think its the lady bugs

5. Well I put the lady's on after noticing the marks so it can't be them, but I did pull a couple more leaves yesterday with more white dots on them. But you guys don't think these look like a mite/thrip marking to you?

6. personally i don't think it is but i think its a fungal or bacterial spread

7. Could this be from spraying/misting too much? I mist my plants a lot lol

8. yes definitely, one way you could help it go away if it is that is allow more airflow from outside.when you have plants being grown indoors you probraly shouldn't have the soil be TO fertile

9. might be thrips..pluck a bad leaf and look for black poop dots under a scope...you def have over watering though dont mist them and make sure you have enough air to the roots

• Like Like x 1
  10. I had mites and I could find a leaf with black spots on the underside shake it over some white paper and use a magnifying glass to see them closer they are small as a period in fin fine print

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

11. Looks like thrips. When I flipped over the leaf you could see the larva, I believe, eating the leaf. I used a product called promis. It works good but you have to use it periodically to keep them away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Don't mist your plant

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

13. Thrips, look for any tears/rips or holes in all foliage.

Or Magnesium deficiency.....
    That's my two cents worth :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459508609.160294.jpg

Sent from a used tampon, launched from Mars...

14. Get a strong magnifying glass, and check the undersides of all the leaves.

Sent from a used tampon, launched from Mars...

• Like Like x 1

15. Well I found the culprits, going to run some mighty wash through every plant. Not taking any chances

• Like Like x 1