[Help]Ideas for my paper!

Discussion in 'General' started by As Above So Below, Nov 7, 2010.

1. So I didn't know where else to post this so please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section. I am doing a paper on the legalization of cannabis and I need some help refining my ideas/outline. I'm not asking you to do the work for me, I just need some better ideas Here is my outline.

Intro paragraph (brief comment leading into subject matter/thesis statement)

BODY Paragraphs - Pro's - Con's - Legalization Status

Pro's
    1. Pain relief
    a. symptoms it relieves
    2. Not physically addicting, may be psychologically addicting to some
    a. people with addicting personalities
    3. Can't overdose - no deaths currently attributed to solely smoking MJ

Con's
    1. Does it kill brain cells?
    2. Smoke is harmful to health - edibles is an alternative
    3. The "gateway" theory and why it's false

Legalization Status
    1. How much do we spend incarcerating non-violent criminals?
    2. Side effects/addiction of MJ vs other legal drugs (alcohol, tobacco, caffeine)
    3. Affects on the youths of the nation (if legalized in all states)

Conclusion paragraph
    A. Summary
    1. Why it needs to be legalized
    2. Non-addictive medicine that helps with pain (benefits the terminally ill)
    3. Impossible to overdose on compared to other legal drugs on the market
    B. Concluding statement

I'm currently stuck on #2 of Pro's. Like I said I would just like some help on refining some of these ideas so the paper has more "flow". I couldn't really think of too many cons so I kind of BS'd it.

Thanks for all your help fellow blades :)

2. Weed does NOT kill braincells.
    It actually might stimulate braincell growth.
    If you cant think of many cons, dont just make stuff up.

3. Also talk about how the Mexican drug cartels main drug that they push is marijuana and how legalizing could help solve that problem.

4. I would start with the history of prohobition, also mentioning alcohol prohobition.
    I didnt realise the madness of prohobition before I started reading up on cannabis prohobition history.
    The black market, mafia and drug cartels are also good arguments.
    Also something to consider is that the situation in the US is actually in a small scale, this is a world wide prohobition which causes so much more damage than just in the US alone.
    But since the US started the world wide prohobition it's pretty much impossible for a country to legalize because of political pressure. The only country that can solve this is the US.
    Prohobition is so much bigger than the US alone, people need to realise this.

Good luck on your paper :) I wrote a paper on cannabis politics a couple of years ago for school and I had a lot of fun with it :)