Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HElP I think I smoked moldy weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ShadowStrokkes, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Please help! I got some weed that was really dank so I wrapped it up and put it in a water bottle. But the bottle had some water still in it. Not a lot but the leftovers when you drink it all.
    Anyway, 2 days latter I went to smoke it and I realized it was wet. I didn't think much of it and smoked. It tasted nasty! An made me gag. But still I didn't think too much of it. Later I googled about smoking wet weed and found out that mold can grow on it.
    I smoked A LOT of that weed. A good half gram. Maybe more.
    I threw the rest away and got new stuff. The last time I had that nasty weed was 3 or 4 days ago. And last night I smoked a lot of the good stuff.
    NOW HERE'S WHAT WORRYS ME!!
    This morning at work I noticed a pain when I breathed in. As well as a pain on the side of my rib cage on the same side as the lung pain.
    Does that have to do with the weed? Was it moldy?? Please Help!

2. I don't know about the pain you were feeling, but if the bud tasted bad and was wet I'm pretty sure it absorbed whatever water was left in the bottle and molded. You should be okay. Next time obviously definitely don't put your weed in a water bottle.

3. You'll live, I don't know if it was moldy, and the pain likely has nothing to do with the weed - I'm really surprised if you've never had random chest pains before.

I reaaaallllllyyy wouldn't worry if I were you.

4. #4 swimswimswim, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013
    Ok considering we don't have any evidence of the moldy weed itself such as a picture perhaps, let us take a look at the variables that cause mold to form on cannabis:

1. Lack of air
    2. excess moisture present

Now correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to have both of these qualities present in the water bottle you placed your cannabis in for two days before smoking. Was the bottle open? Was it closed? Because if it was closed, then that would mean lack of air - which happens to be one of the two variables necessary for mold growth.

Now you are at work, having pains while breathing. Is it all in your head do you wonder or is from mold? Well considering you said that cannabis you smoked with the alleged mold tasted disgusting. I will assume it had mold on it.

step 3: Flip a coin, heads being you had moldy weed, tails being you had no moldy weed. Whatever it lands on, go by this and stick with it.

-OR- see a doctor

edit: but naw for real nigga u should be fine

5. not all mold is the same. allow me to go over some of the more common types associated with growth on marijuana:

Botrytis Mold: actually the kind of mold prized by wine makers as it is the organism responsible for noble rot in grapes. in high humidity areas, this is the mold that could be called the bane of outdoor growers.

Powdery Mildew: also a type of mold technically, can kill a plant but for the most part burns out when smoked.

^^these two types of mold, although pretty nasty tasting, will only induce type I allergic reactions in people sensitive to them. However neither of these produce the aflatoxins that are considered deadly to humans. however, weed with infections of each can usually be extracted out to remove the smell and taste.

the following two types of mold are indeed considered dangerous, producing aflatoxins that attack our nervous system causing anything from a runny nose to death:

Aspergillus fumigatus: generally lives off of dead material, while the forementioned kinds thrive on living material. prefers growing in damp dark places. this one is particularly nasty, causing anything from allergic reactions to invasive colonization, in addition to the aflatoxins damage.

Penecillium: similar to aspergillus, you would recognize it as the mold injected into bleu cheese, although I believe the one involved here is of a different family. Known to cause keratitis, external ear, or respiratory and urinary tract infection.

members of the aspergillus genus cause a disease called aspergillosis, which is an invasive infection, colonization, toxicoses, or allergy. many other pathogens in addition to these thrive at body temperature environments. aflatoxins are NOT removed through extraction processes so any weed with these infections should be avoided at all costs.
    aflatoxins fluoresce green under blacklight.

Bacterial anaerobic conditions can also produce clostridiums infestations. these types of pathogens include C. botulinum, the proprietary organism responsible for botulism in food. as well as C. perfringens, which cause gangrene or food poisoning, and C. Tetani, which causes tetanus. Botrytis, powdery mildew, along with clostridiums infections can be neutralized through extraction with an alkane, or alcohol, but again, aflatoxins CANNOT be extracted out. unfortunately, the only real way to determine what kind of mold you are dealing with is with a microscope.

all of us have smoked mouldy material, whether we knew it or not, because mold exists just about everywhere. so, really you should be fine out of this. and that pain in your lungs is not such a bad thing and probably a result of you smoking excessively. for future edification, maybe don't use water bottles to hold your stash in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ^ ya what he said ive smoked some of the shittiest, moldiest shit on the planet and im not dead. although if you are hurting, a two or three day T break never hurt anyone

7. #7 HillbillyHoax, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013

Slow down hot rod! You are fine. I smoke moldy weed all the time. I actually search out good moldy weed! "WHAT!!!" you say? Yes I smoke moldy weed intentionally. The best regs I ever had was moldy all over, I dried it back to smoking condition and smoked that shit in a fat joint. It was amazing! Like Dishphead said not all mold is the same, think along the lines of fine wine. Obviously you don't want to just smoke any moldy nug you find. I inspect my moldy nugs before I smoke them and cure them out. Is it smart? Probably not, but I enjoy it. If you find properly molded weed (not to mean intentionally molded) and smoke it right it can be some of the best smoke there is but I wouldn't recommend it.

Now as far as putting it in a water bottle.. You got me shaking my head on that one. Always take you an appropriate container along if you don't know for a fact that your friend has what you need.

Peace :wave:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Well I opens the bottle a few times to smoke and then put back the weed.

9. Thc isn't even psychoactive unless it's dry. Now don't you feel dumb.

10. You can still get high. Not as high as you would if it was dry, but you can. Sooo, thanks.

11. #11 Iceni Toker, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
    You'd better start writing a will, dude.
    How are you going to spend your last few hours on earth? GTA style killing spree? Or blow up the White House or somthing?

I hope it isn't too painful for you when your head implodes and forms a black hole vacuum that swallows your body.

Because moldy weed will fuck you up like that, man.

12. Do you actually know if the bud had mold on it? Or did you just READ that wet bud CAN grow mold? It might just have been wet? MAybe there was mold? If you are seriously concerned I'd suggest visiting a doctor.

13. I didn't see any mold. But then again I wasn't nessisiaryly looking for it. I read that it could grow mold and then when I realized how discussing it tasted I started thinking it had

14. One time I was walking home from a dealers house and I dropped about a half g on the ground in a bag. I couldn't find it because it was night so I left it. About a week and a half later I was walking the same way and found it! It had gotten wet and was a reddish brown color. I still smoke it and it tasted terrible but I'm still fine and it was months ago

Wet bud can taste real bad compared to nicely cured bud. Your pain could just be in your head. Then again, I did not see the bud.

16. my brother did the same thing. he explained the same pain symtoms as you. we didnt have health insureance so we said fuck it. a week later his dick fell off. we went to the dr and they said he had to smoke some dabs. 1 week after that his dik was back nd he was back to normal. youll be aright op but ur dick will fall off

• Like Like x 1
  17. No way

Sent from my GT-S5830L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. But my dick will grow back right? That's the important part.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Yes but only if you smoke a oz of the bombest shatter everyday
    LOL

20. Ok then. I'll be fine. Thank you do much.
    Wait, how long does it take for my dick to grow back?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum