HELP I NEED TO LOWER MY PH! And other shit

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kushypie, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Just checked the ph of the water before watering and it was at 7.5 I’m growing an auto in soil and I’ve heard of people using vinegar or baking soda for hydro grows but would that be a quick way for me to lower my ph??? Don’t have any ph up/down atm so if any of you know a quick solution for me it’d be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You can use lemon juice

3. Bakeing soda works bro

4. In soil you will probably be alright even though the tap water is 7.5, there's lots of stuff actually in the soil which can buffer the pH.

If you add vinegar or lemon juice, 1 teaspoon per gallon and mix well, not more than 2tsp/gallon, and don't mix less than a gallon. Don't go too low, 3-4tsp will quickly take you all the way down to pH6 or lower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. A little coffee and a little extra coffee grounds. Lower pH and adds nitrogen

6. Sweet thanks for the help guys! I’m going to try out the lemon juice tomorrow and see how that goes

7. Yo I’ve got some lemon juice and I’ve got a gallon of water out atm that I’m leaving out for 24hours and it’s 7.5ph Tap water, now I was going to ask should I add the lemon juice now or tomorrow morning when I go to water?

8. I ph right before I water.

9. I do the same but does the lemon juice need to be in the water for a certain length of time or something like that you know

10. There's no need to leave the water to stand for hours after you've added the lemon juice, but mix it well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sweet cheers man!

12. Thank you dude added little at a time and got it down to 6.0ph

13. Another question for you guys the bottom fan leaves have some damage and I think it was because of a ph issue all the growth above the bottom fan leaves is fine and healthy but is it okay to remove them? It’s an auto btw the pic was taken a few days ago and it’s gotten a little worse but only on the same bottom leaves so I’m guessing she’s putting her energy into other parts of growing flowering etc

14. 6.0 is too low, so next time add less or none. If you find it difficult adding such a small amount, mix it first in half a cup of water then use a few teaspoons of that instead, until the pH is between about 7 and 6.5.

The leaf looks fine tbh, it's 90% healthy so leave them on.