help I need to know...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by boggy85, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Hi guys.
    I've got 3 lemon haze clones that are 5 weeks into flower with bud everywhere. To me they look like theyr doing amazing but I've just sprouted 7 new seeds and theyr in my tent with the flowering ladies.
    The question is, if I switch my lights back to 18/6 will the lemon haze continue to flower or will they go back to veg? Or would I be best to keep the 12/12 cycle? But then I have the problem off what will happen with the seedlings? I have no room to set up a veg area so would bringing the seedlings out when the lights go out be ok? Just so they get light for a longer period.

Thanks for any help and advice

2. Leave the 12/12 running until the lemon haze is finished. Nothing good will come of messing with it's schedule now. I wouldn't worry to hard about the seedlings. When I tried doing a run with only 12/12 from start to finish, the seeds took about three weeks to show sex. If you pull down the lemon haze in three weeks, your timing should be just right to cull the males from the new batch and flip the whole thing back to a veg cycle.

Does that make any sense?

3. Thanks yeh it does make sence but there shouldn't be any males because the seedlings are from fem seed so hopefully they will all be gals. Does lemon haze take 9 - 13 weeks to finnish flowering? Sorry for asking another question. Thanks again

4. 9-13 weeks sounds right for a haze strain, but I have never grown that exact strain so I can't really say. If you flower that long that will leave your seedlings under 12/12 for 4-8 weeks. A fast strain can go from seed to chop with 11 weeks of 12/12. Sounds like you are going to have to set up a veg space or else run your current seeds 12/12 from start to finish.

5. Do you think I would get a decent yeild if I left the seeds on 12/12 from start to finnish? And would taking the seedlings out of the tent at lights out help them? Because I really have no space for veg and my misus would go mental if I took up anymore room lol. My lights go out at 10pm. So if I took the seedlings out at 10 then they would be in the dark untill about 4.30 - 5 am when the sun comes up aand then when the lights come back on at 10am they could go back in the tent. Would this work?

6. 12/12 yields are okayish. Giving the plants three weeks of actual vegging yields more in the same amount of time. You should be good to go moving your seedlings back and forth.

7. Ok that's good to hear thanks. I should have waited a bit longer before I started the seeds. I'm thinking of doing a few autos next time. Are they easier or harder to grow? I'm still learning so I don't know if its a good idea to try them

8. Unless you can't operate a timer, autos aren't really easier. Outside of an early guerrilla harvest, I don't see the point.

9. [quote name='"boggy85"']Ok that's good to hear thanks. I should have waited a bit longer before I started the seeds. I'm thinking of doing a few autos next time. Are they easier or harder to grow? I'm still learning so I don't know if its a good idea to try them[/quote]

Just like photo plants, it depends on strain but the ones I have done have been a little easier. Decent yield and great smoke as well. Well worth the time in my opinion to try them and see for yourself.

10. Thanks guys. I won't be trying any autos untill all the plants I have now are finnished but I will defo try them. I'm thinking a pack of autos and a pack or lemon skunk or blue cheese then I've got some other plants going at the same time just incase I struggle with the autos. What auto strains would you guys recommend?

11. [quote name='"boggy85"']Thanks guys. I won't be trying any autos untill all the plants I have now are finnished but I will defo try them. I'm thinking a pack of autos and a pack or lemon skunk or blue cheese then I've got some other plants going at the same time just incase I struggle with the autos. What auto strains would you guys recommend?[/quote]

I've been very happy with smurfberry from sagarmatha. Good smoke and I have been yielded right at 2oz on my first plant, should see more from the second.

12. Can I get smurfberry in the uk?