Help, I need help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 1sthope, Jun 11, 2009.

1. And than they got worst! damn GNATS! hate them

Attached Files:

2. so now were up to date kinda. i still got tha gnat problem im gonna transplant again. just doing some research on soil before i do something dumb, well guys thanx for all the input we really appreciate it!

HOPE;) you enloy and tune in!
    stay green fam.:smoke:

Attached Files:

3. I found this url posted in the AGA. I have been reading in the plant illness section and it seems a lot of growers are experiencing the leaves of their plants curling up and getting yellow. I am having the same problem. :confused:

4. TOOOO much water!!!! I had the same problem and backed off on the water and plants responded. I'm using the same soil! " to much water in the bucket and you can't breath" how much fan leave is left? might take long time to recover:eek:

5. thanx Hippie! but what you see there is GNATS! those efers start by leaving spots on ur leaves where they suck all the nutrients out. eventually the spots grow together and kiil the leaves im only giving my plant 500ml of water like twice a week to try and keep the gnat infestation to a minimum put those fuckers are persistant! i've tryed a number a things and i think i fianally got them but only time will tell!so what u see there is more likely a diffeciancy who knows!

Well Buzz i think the curling of the tips is more so a characteristic of the plant only because ive had a lotta time on my hands and been watching it closely.
    see before my transplant the first time my plant was thriving in it reg. o' soil than i decided to put in the" M.G.moisture control" thats when my problems began and it was do to over watering because that moisture control got me outta wack! so than i decided to transplant again into the worst soil i couldof bought which was the "M.G.organic choice" now the only reason this was a bad choice is because that soil came with a dynisty of GNATS! other than drainage products' i just added like 30 earthworms instead of perlite or any other substance the downfall of worms they hella stink but at the same time they crawl around eat gnat eggs and airate my soil providing lil tunnels for the roots i hope! lol thats my theory i also got Sobe my lizard and ladybugs with my plant just to down size them gnats!

6. OMG the soil did it? That's fucked up dude. I heard it was good stuff too. That was all you needed at that point. You are winning the battle though. Worms, lizards, and lady bugs sound like a good army! :smoke: I'll be watching to see how things go.

7. so now since those gnats started buggin the life outta her shes became more droopy do to strees, i mean just imagine walking around town all day with GNATS around ur head all day id be a lil droopy myself! its gotten a lil humid and hott in there to, so that gets her a lil bloo too!
    now im not an expert but ive treated my plant just like a human and its working so far, im thinking if the enviroment ur plant is in (in general) is perfect. than ur plant should be doing its own thing, the only thing were doing for it is providing water the rest is natural you know not to hot , not to cold, air ext. all those things should be natural and just think of how you would want to grow if you were her!
    the last thing ive done to Hope was. i flushed her with 3 gallons of tap and watered her with some food about an hour later and that was on tuesday now all her fan leaves are perky and happy none faceing down even all her lil branches are reaching for cloud nine. so she sertainly doesint look droopy but thats just my opinion like i said im a newby to growing and i could be way off but its working on my side guys we'll just have to see what them GNATS decide, hopefully to stay away so far ive only killed 3

thanx for the intrest guys its awsome and stay green my peeps!:smoke:
    oh yeah arriba AGA cabrones!:D

8. Wow you have been through some tough issues...and came up with some cool fixes to them...Earth worm casting was a popular organic fert...and now you providing it with a continues source of it...cool...The laddie bugs will prolly clear up the natts...

All your troubles are soil/nut related....the MG soil in almost every form has time released nutes in it...a seeding under four weeks needs no ferts....a basic potting blend or seed starter mix would have eliminated most your issues..but its your first time and so far you have persevered.

Also sounds like you may be a bit heavy on the water...the finger test never lies...two inches into the soil..if its most wait 24 hrs and test again..if its dry..moisten, don't flood...
    "OVER WATERING KILLS MORE PLANTS THEN THE US GOVERNMENT"

Gazer Out...

9. thanx gazer thats exactly what i started her in starting soil than when her transplant came she got put in M.G. soil twice two different times. anyways the gnats are back with a vengence i killed like 20 this morning it sucks worms seemed to die i think and i need some more ladybugs but i need to get rid of those gnats quick i cant seem to get rid of them and i dont know if i want to transplant again hope is about 7 weeks 4 days old today and has a healthy thick stem i wouldint want to disturb that!

any suggestions?
    you really think im over watering i only give her 500 ml of water every three or four days i dont think she likes it but it helps keep the gnats dow?
    thanx again man stay green!

10. ok guys either every one is smokeing there harvest already or ur dead cuz this group is slowing down anyway heres a lil update of hope if u wanna see!

shes doing pretty good, growing but it seems like shes takeing for ever does anyone know what the average veg. stage time is for lst all the way around a ten inch pot?
    she is starting to grow seven leaves does anyone know if this norrows down my guesses on what strain she could be. or is that just do to the nutes, i know they can grow anywhere from 5 to 13 leves is that any strain or just some? well guys here are some pics of her so far taken today i wish i could give you guys better pics but that would be later once i buy a new charger for my camera. gotta make the green for the green first!

take care guys and stay green! thanx

Attached Files:

11. what a difference from the first few pics...looks like you have got some things squared away...don't worry about the speed it grows at..a lot of things could be affecting that...the strain of the plant...the amount of light its getting...and sometimes they there growing down rather then up...by that i mean there rooting..getting ready to feed for a growth spirt up top...

Cant really give any imput on LST not a system that i have ever used..

best of luck
    gazer out

12. awsome thanx for the nput gazer well im glad to hear that she looks good im trying so hard that sometimes it seems like shes the same but now that i look at the before and after like u said she does look better!

lst is alot trickier than it seems but i guess it also depends on the strain! hope is growing side branches at every fan leaf so its getting trickie tieing her down around the pot i wish i would of had a bigger one but its gonna get down just takes time an effort alot more than all natural!

well gazer i do have another ? im still a lil confused on how to tell wether im growing a ladie or some dick! could it be do the lst that i cant tell yet?

well thanx alot brotha stay green!

13. You can't tell until either the plant starts showing preflowers or until you actually flower.

14. thanx walker well that kinda sucks for me since i didint start from a clone than this whole process could be pointless well i hope not and she flowers for me!

thanx for stopping by stay green my brotha!

15. Hope has gotten bigger and filled out nicely! I just Hope she's a girl! I lost two of my Feminized seed plants, due to the fact they were males.

16. damn me too buzz! well that really sucks that i can tell until i switch it when would you switch if you were me?

so if i switch to 12/12 can i put her back into 18/6 if shesa famale, and than back to 12/12 later or would she only be a mother from than on and not produce any bud?

well thanx alot guys i love it here stay green!

17. Lotta folks do that to sex their plants, there are some that say you increase the risk of your plant becoming a hermie due to stress but in my 8 years of growing I've done it and never noticed a difference. Could be strain related though, I guess.

Oh and about your leaf question a few posts back? I've found it's just a natural progression, it doesn't indicate potency or sex or anything like that.

18. That sucks, I'd contact the seedbank and see if they'll replace them. I am not sure if that's something they would do, but it couldn't hurt to ask :) If they do decide to send you replacements, make sure you let us know where you went, good customer service is worth its weight in gold!

19. I'm vegging a girl right now that I put into 12/12 for a week to show preflowers. She will produce bud when I'm ready for her :)

20. yeah i understand i cant tell sex or anything like that from the leves just was hopeing that, that would norrow down the my guesses on which strain she is!

thanx stay green!