Help I need advice about my bud turning orange at 2 weeks into flowering more info on my reply below

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Deleted member 923969, Jun 25, 2016.

1. #1 Deleted member 923969, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2016
    4202.jpg 42043.jpg 42044.jpg 420434.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Okay so My concern is i got 1 female that has white flower hair that is turning a bit orange just noticed it today, and what i'm confused about is the part of my flower bud that is on my plant that is changing orange on the pistols is below the main node. The plant is only 2 1/2 months old and today is 2 weeks into budding which I had thought I had roughly 50 more days to harvest time all my plants are different strains could that possibly be normal I will post pics to show you all ps my camera is kinda crappy and yes i got a male in with my ladies because I need more seeds since I just planted my last seeds and placed them in my vegetative grow box structure I made. plz don't hate on my cfl's its all this poor hippy can afford.

3. no advice from anyone guess i'll try a different website for help

4. Sum days are busier on here then others, you may want to post on one of the advice thread and or another section. I dont see any orange in your pics is there or
    Has there been pollen in the area ?

5. ya my male plant started producing pollen i noticed today so i isolated it to another room for a few more days to collect pollen so i can get more seeds due to me being out of seeds and also im not good at cloning

6. Were these plants sprayed with anything under a light?

Just curious. Pollination can also cause pistils to shrivel and die.

J

• Like Like x 1
  7. ^ a number of things including the pollen can do it, it take very lil pollen to produce lots of seeds so be careful or thats all you will have is seeds and very lil else

8. looks like maybe it got pollinated by a stray male flower...or some times if a bud gets bumped against something it can turn the hairs orange.. Can you get a clearer shot of the 2nd pic?

9. my lights are really bright and for some reason my camera blur's a bit when i try to get a close up pic. Also i cut a few lower bottom fan leaves because they don't receive light because my upper fan leaves cover them i just did that today did i pull a noobish move an screw up , they still have alot of fan leaves i only did to focus more energy on bud growth

10. Removing fan leaves is a very normal practice to get more lights to tops and buds deeper in the plant. As long as you don't go too far you should be fine. Many people report up to a 30% increase in yield from stratigic removal of leaves and training of tops. I took all my large ones off towards the top and middle. My plant was so leafy it looked like a leaf pyramid. That was the only way I was getting light near the stem. It can be used as a technique to arrest vegetative growth. I've read that the plant stops growing much bigger after they're removed and shifts more to tops/buds. I certainly have noticed this on mine to a point.

I've done a lot of reading on the subject and it is highly contested. Some people start pulling leaves in veg and totally rape the plant 3 weeks into bud. Other successful growers say don't touch the plant. It really does depend on the environment you're growing in what type of trimming/training is going to give you the most yield for your strain and setup. Some of the better points I found were that marijuana in the wild is almost never going to have enough fertilizer towards the bud cycle and in the wild it will consume the nitrogen in those big fan leaves causing them to shrivel and fall off. This is basically auto trimming the large fans. In essence is was naturally designed to loose most of those leaves towards the end. It's not near as necessary outdoors because the sun moves and penetrates the canopy much better than any indoor light.

When you grow in an artificial environment you don't get the light penetration or movement. There is a maximum potential to the output of any room. My quest as a grower is to find out how to get the most and the best quality product out of what I have in the end. Some strains respond to leaf removal better than others. I have one plant that hardly needed it because it's just a natural top stretcher. Some plants have stubborn tops that like to hide and benefit greatly from trimming the right couple of leaves.

Your plants do look like they might have a slight nitrogen toxicity/burn. It's hard to tell if it's the picture but look for droopy leaves that curl under especially on the tips and a dark green color. The combo of that and the male is playing a little havoc on some tops IMO. Just let it run out. I would maybe back off on the nitrogen in the next feeding and go more heavy on the bloom boosters.

11. Well on a side note the leafs are telling you they are definitely happy. lol