Help! I might be growing Blueberry kush!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by reeferer420, Mar 26, 2011.

1. today i bot 1gram of some of the most dankest bud ive ever smoked. It smells and tastes like blueberry, and my buddy confirmed it was blueberry kush. as i broke up the lovely nug it was so light and fluffy, all the sudden this big ass black seed falls out.:eek::D

so im already stealth growing in an undisclosed location with plain rinky dink bag seed. so naturally i became excited since i new im gonna grow this shit. im a rookie grower and need a ton of advice on this strain and advice on growing nug this good. ie. like wat to fertilize with and idk wat plant food is. right now i have 3 cfls, 2 are 13w. over 3 seedlings and a pc fan exhausting.
    so you can already guess i need a ton of help with this project so all help is really appreciated.

ill post pics of everything tomorrow(ill keep a journal going on this tread too)

2. Well luckily for you, marijuana can be extremely simple to grow if you just follow some common sense steps. While all of these things are on the forum, here are some things that should help you out:

1. Use good soil, go to a hydro shop and get some decent organic stuff. I love Fox Farm Ocean Forest (often referred to as FFOF) however that can be pricey for some. By using a quality soil you are really making it alot easier on yourself, as you really do not need to worry about nutrients during the veg phase.

2. Make sure you have some sort of air circulation. You do not need to go buy a fan or anything, just find one around the house. You should be able to see the leaves moving, almost shaking.

3. For nutrients I used the Technaflora Recipe for Success on my first grow and had great results. For about 30 bucks you get every type of nutrient you need along with informational material on what to do and when. This is arguably one of the better deals in nutrients.

4. Don't sweat the small stuff, honestly use this as a learning opportunity and do it for the fun of it. I know way to many people that took their first grow to seriously and ended up fucking their plants up by trying to micromanage everything. If the temperature is anywhere from 65-85, the plants are ventilated and the lights are adequate your plants will grow.

5. Ph meter, get one. I did an entire grow a while back without ever checking the Ph of any water or nutrients I used on them. It worked fine and the bud was dank, however once I started adjusting my Ph I saw a night and day difference in growth rate.

3. ive decided not to take my first grow too serious, i dunno im just laid back. still, i cant wait to plant this new seed. Im considering an attempt at cloning that way if i fuck up later i can still have another go. any advice with that?

4. Listen to what MMMpatient said, he said it perfect

5. x2.. this is some great information that should be heeded. and i am completely in agreement on the Ph bit... i just cut 1 of my ladies from my first "successful" grow. never once checked the Ph of the water, its tank water already buffered to 6.5 (didnt know this until a few days ago, after i bought a ph meter) granted my yield wasnt nothing to brag about, but the knowledge and experience i gained to me is worth far more than the buds that are currently drying.. and like MMMpatient mentioned, the buds appear dank, lots of trichomes, next go round i will certainly keep an eye on the PH, and see what the difference in the rate of growth is.

6. check out the threads about the aero cloner. made one with mister nozzles in a rubbermaid bin with a lid myself. still on the first test run with plants in it but i have noticed at least 5 plants with roots after only 10 days, alot better then the two to three weeks it used to take me with just rockwool cubes and a humidity dome. check out this... http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/444974-lets-build-clone-machine-*step-step*.html

7. thanks man, im still getting situated, just planted 3 seeds today, i have blueberry kush still in germination. if i dont get pics up tonight it might take till monday.:smoke:

8. Also, I currently have 3 13w CFLs. I understand that ill need an upgrade but im in the dark about CFL growing. When they say 30w / 120w equilvalent, does that mean its 120 or 30?

More than likely ill be growing just 3-4 plants during veg, so how many CFLs does that equate to? and which wattage should i use?

9. when in doubt on CFL wattage go with the lower number... the lower number is the ACTUAL watts used. the larger number is the incandesent *regular light bulb*

as far as number of lamps go, for 4 plants i'd shoot for around 200-300 ACTUAL watts (6-8 32w cfl's will suffice.) and get rid of the 13w's they're too small.. you want either 27w or 32w.. 32w lamps are the largest ive seen at hd or lowes.

10. #10 reeferer420, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2011
    ok...great news. today while i was out i picked up a 55watt(2700k). made 2 extra lamps, which brings my total to 5. Now i have, a 55,23, and 3 13w. eventually i will phase out my 13W's like samiel suggests, but i mine as well use them for now right...i mean nothing has even sprouted yet.

my blueberry kush bagseed is still germinating ,so im keepin my fingers crossed.

Attached Files:

11. another thing that ive noticed w/ my personal grow i will be phasing out my larger 105w CFL from my flowering chamber into a veg chamber as soon as i finish getting it built. *currently working on a side by side veg/flower cab* i plan on phasing the larger cfl out of my flowering cab mainly because of heat issues, but also the larger CFL lamps are typically designed for high bay and accent lighting, with that being said they are designed to throw a fair amount of light a fairly good distance, but i havent seen any significant improvements in flowering since adding it. from what ive seen in my personal garden the best results come from 27w-55w. over that the watts per lumen just isnt there. i plan to run this large single CFL in my veg cab, and add a 250w hps to the flowering side as soon as funds are available. i cant think all that well at the moment... made some qwiso earlier and its got me fuckin baked. \t:smoking:

12. the blueberry kush seed is germinating still... its cracked open and i can see the taproot but its all contained within the seed. hopefully tomorrow ill see it poke out.

also im using mg soil. which im not sure why I bought it, but when i get decent soil ill transplant them(2 weeks away). how much would it run me to cover the closet with mylar?

13. #13 Budlet, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2011
    I have used MG soil with great success. It just has a lot of nitrogen robbing uncomposted parts in it. If it's all you can get, screen it on a piece of 1/2" or 1/4" hardware cloth to get the wood bits out, fill your pots with it and flush it and let it drain completely. I know many will say it sux, which it does with a percentage of it being unusable trash, but with a little tinkering, it can be made to work quite well.

Also, regardless of what the initial PH reading is, which hovers around 6.8 for MG, add two tblsp of dolomite per plant figuring on a 2 gal container. Half of the soil nutrient problems you see on here can probably linked to an initial calcium/magnesium (resultant potassium lock) deficiency most common with potting mixes. If the dolomite is pellet form, let it set in the wet soil for 30 mins and it will soften up. Then mixmash it in the top few inches of your pot. It's best if you can do this a week ahead and let the soil go thru one wet/dry cycle on it's own.

I use a dry organic fertilizer with the above treatment and only have to fertilize at the beginning of the veg cycle with nothing but MG as a base. The organic fertilizer is basically to feed the soil more than the plant itself. I tried some of the designer soils but the differences were moot. I still had to alter something with each brand, and usually, it ends up revolving around calcium.

ETA: I don't care for MG, nor am i endorsing it's use. I think they could go further for what they charge for it. I just see a lot of people stuck using it so figured I would add my findings of having used it for the last 5 years with consistent results and mostly for just being stubbornly against trendy products.