Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HELP! I can't get "high" anymore :(

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by jenking11, Oct 31, 2011.

1. I recently acquired my "green card" and am now a legal smoker. However, prior to this I had been smoking around 1/4 oz./wk. for several months. Now that I have access to some amazing herb, I cannot seem to get any kind of a good high. Frustrating because the chronic pain and anxiety are not helped either. I've just gotten a vaporizer, but am frustrated with that at the moment -- need more practice. I love joints, dr. told me to stay clear of edibles for now.

Any suggestions to get that great all time high again?

2. You gotta take a break man. If you go a week or two without smoking you will be soaring after that first rip.

3. That's what I figured . . . thanks.

4. Upgrade to hash or concentrates, you can smoke those for awhile, jurassic bho would wreck you an get you baked..

5. you gotta be twistin maaaad blunts my man

6. You need a break to lower your mind/body tolerance. Don't use cannabis in ANY form for 7 days. On the seventh day, take the biggest hit your lungs can handle. You will get unbelievably high :smoking:

7. switch up the strains, variety is key!

8. I am about to go on a T break. I can't seem to get more than a buzz now but it still helps me medically.

9. I mix strains as much as possible.

10. You have chronic pain and your dr told you to stay away from edibles?
    Why?

Edibles are the best method for combating pain

As for not getting high anymore the problem is your smoking joints. Once you get used to the vaporizer and can properly use it then you shouldn't have a problem getting high anymore. Believe me i have a ridiculous tolerance from taking RSO and i can still get high when i use a vaporizer.

11. key words: for a while. if you want to lower your tolerance, the only way is to consume less; either reduce daily use (night-time use only) or take a t-break.

12. A quick T break will make everything ok :)

13. Yeah, same problem here, my best friend & I can't really get high anymore, in my case at all, have to take bowls & bowls & bowls of dank indicas & rips of bho or co2 just to get a buzz going to ease my pain.... Neither of us are effected by edibles, I've had the deca dose cheeba chews which they make you sign a waiver & legally have to warn you not to eat it all, to no avail at all (and I ate it all). The fucked up part is my tolerance isn't lowered by breaks, I took a 1 month break a couple of months ago & the lowered tolerance lasted for maybe 2-3 days at the most, with only the first day back having an appreciable difference. My other best friend is also developing a strong tolerance and now finally understands me when I tell him I can't get high anymore.

Long story short, sucky place to be at for a patient, take a t-break and see if it helps you, don't get more than 1/2oz of any one strain at a time & use an ass ton of concentrates, you should look into growing so you can have a very abundant supply to satisfy your demand, and I'm sorry to say... In the long run, no matter what you do: your T will just keep getting stronger.

Good Growing & Happy Toking!