Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help! I can't get high anymore!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by celiabedelia, Nov 13, 2010.

1. I'm not exactly a 'seasoned toker' but I've been smoking for about three years. I just need advice from some of the pros. So I used to absolutely love getting high and I could be blazed off one bowl. Starting this summer any time I would smoke I would just think like uncontrollably fast. Like my mind couldn't stay on one topic. I would be twitchy and extremely paranoid. It doesn't matter if I smoke any more or any less than usual. I absolutely can't smoke weed anymore. There is nothing enjoyable about it. It's like what they warn you about in DARE class almost. You just get used to the drug and have to move on to something new. But I'm sure most the people on here smoke twice as much as I do and they're still loving it. I go anywhere from once a week or two to four times a day. But I'm not some hardcore toker. I just miss getting that fun, happy high I used to have. Help me? please :confused:

this is actually what goes through my mind when I smoke:
    "katie smith
    beyonce

algebra
    warm smart

sleep warm

honest therapist
    trust

whitney asian cute
    xteeener

lauren comfortable
    appreciate

flirt
    20/13 vision
    contacts"

I typed as fast as I could and that's all I could get down before my mind went to something else

2. Sorry to hear that, I would lay off smoking for a while. Try to clear your system completely. Could take anywhere from a few weeks to a month. Then give it another go. I know that sucks - I wouldn't want to lay off it that long but might be worth a try.

Also you could try ingesting it. Different kind of high, but very good if you eat the right amount. I usually mix about half a teaspoon of ground up bud into a yogurt and scarf it down. About a 1/2 hour later I'm toasted nicely. Just don't chow too much - getting too high is no fun.

Hope this helps

3. yOUR diet greatly affects the Cannabis experience.... sounds like caffeine/taurine are making u a bit jittery and not able to be soothed and sufficiently relaxed, therefore creating a counteracting adverse effect on the cannabis... CLICK HERE TO CURE IT, and along with Kanna... should make your highs much enjoyable again. :hello:

and always aim for ORGANIC dank:smoke:

4. do what the above guy said. then drink lots of tea too. tea is da shittttt

5. Hey dude! I had the same experience as you. After years of daily smoking, paranoia and anxiety all tumbled down on me so fast. Giant snowball effect, that effected me so much I was like that when sober. I quit weed like 6 months ago, cold turkey. Just never took a drag. My paranoia and anxiety are still with me, but I'm 80% better.

BUT, I wanted to go back to toking. So I Researched all about this. And found that strains with high CBD or equal CBD/THC, will give you an antipsychotic effect. Where your brain won't have rushing thoughts, paranoia, or anxiety. How do you do this?

1. Get the right strains for you. Personally I got NL and Kushberry (Blueberry x OG Kush) which both strains have high CBD levels.

2. Get a vaporizer. This way you control what kind of high you get from your cannabis. I just bought the magic launch box, and it is AWESOME! Never experienced highs like I have with this thing. I got some strong indica buds off my buddy who just grew, and tested it out in the vap. Took 3-4 deep tokes to see what kind of reaction I got. Nothing happened for like 5 minutes, then bam! I got a super crazy body high, an amazing feeling, but the best part was, MY BRAIN WASN'T EFFECTED.

Every SINGLE time I smoked before, I would immediately have this huge cloud inside my head, couldn't think straight, very paranoid, anxiety was through the roof, and every high would only last like 10-15 minutes and I would be beat to shit.

Using the vap has changed my life bro! Haha it's drastic to say but its true. I can finally smoke buds with my friends and just have an awesome feeling of over all content, and yet still think as clear as day. and also another great part, the high is very stable, and lasted close to 2 hours!! 3-4 tokes of the vap, a gram will last me a week!

Get the launch box bro, you will not be dissapointed, or if ya want any vaporizer, I just like the launch box because it is so small, can have it anyway, and it's odorless. Happy tokin! :D

6. I hardly have any caffeine in my diet because I don't drink soda. Maybe the diet change I read about in that link could be something though. I quit binging/purging about the time this all started happening so now mostly all I eat is steamed vegetables. Or maybe it's just the stress from all that situation. I guess I'd rather be eating disorder free than high though. Thanks everyone.

7. smoke hash?? :bongin::confused_2:

8. Yeah man just quit smoking for awhile. Then try again later on down the road, see if you enjoy it again. Maybe its just your smoking setting?

9. YUP take a 'T' break

10. I might look into a vap. Around here you get dirt or mids. no good strands or anything. I'll see how this works out though. :)

11. How exactly would that work? The THC needs to be heat activated in order to get you high. Just throwing bud into yogurt wouldn't work... or am I wrong? :confused:

Haha, but on topic. I know the exact feeling you're having. I'm still having some anxious, paranoid thoughts but I just tell myself to chill the fuck out. Getting high is all a mind game. It can be over powering at times, in this case, your situation. But like others have said try taking a long break. Cold turkey break... aim for one month. Take a couple hits then see how you feel.

I just came off a 3 week break and one hit out of the bong blew me through the roof. I probably had a couple small anxiety attacks that night. It was WELL worth it, haha.... but a tad scary. So take it slow, and don't worry so much.

Good luck. :smoke:

12. Taking a break isn't going to do anything. You could quit for 6 months straight like I did, smoke one bowl, and you will have the same effect. Your body make up does NOT like smoke. There are people who never feel anxious or paranoid no matter how much they smoke, and there are people like you and I who get over whelmed.

I'm high suggesting to you, to get a vaporizer. It's a night and day difference. You don't get all that bull shit that comes with marijuana SMOKE, in MJ VAP, it's clean, and it's a clean high.

13. I can't tell you how many times i have done this over the years and every single time I got higher than a kite. Ingesting it will still get the thc to your blood stream it just takes longer than smoking it due to the process of digestion.