Help. I’m confused if it’s a male or female

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Poarnster, Aug 3, 2018.

1. This is my first time growing and some people told me that my plant was a male but I’m unsure if I should wait to see because I see pistil like hairs on the top leaves but it look like there are balls on the nodes. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Looks like new leaf growth to me.

Anyway, even if they're pistils,
    it's not female. It's a hermaphrodite.
    Definitely something you don't want
    in your tent. It'll fertilize itself, and
    probably your next plant as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Give us shots with no blurple would really help

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. looks like balls to me.

6. It's a hermie, hon. It has both male and female flowers. Any seeds will produce more hermies and are "less than optimal" for growing. If you have other plants, just pull it now!

If it is your only plant and there are only a few male flowers, and you are willing to keep checking it every day, you could tweeze off any male flowers, and still get some decent buds from it. It's a PITA, but it can be done. :coolalt:

And FYI- pollen can be "deactivated" in your growing area by spraying/wiping things down with water with some sugar in it. (My cousin once did an amazing science fair project on pollens and used a sugar water solution to trick the pollen into growing the tubes needed for fertilization of the seeds.) Once a pollen grain begins to grow its tube, it is committed- it must fertilize an ovum (seed) or it will soon die. I would wipe things down with plain water later, to reduce any risk of ants.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Me and a few other people told you in your other thread that's it's a male. Apparently you're hoping for a different opinion in this thread. Good luck. And Papa Puff is right - take pics under natural light.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Thanks guys and mick yes I did post this once before but I forgot to mention about the pistils on there. Appreciate the help tho

9. i cant see shit. please snap a pic with white light.

10. could be balls but the led light could be messing with the pics. and i see the plant is flowering tells me its female. so with the pics your giving me its a herm?