Help, Hps or Cfl

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jcs9MM, Aug 2, 2009.

1. #1 Jcs9MM, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2009
    well im gonna be growing either 1 or 2 autos in some rubbermaids, and was wondering which i should do, cfls or a 100/250w hps,

i know the hps is gonna be better, but im wondering if heat will be an issue in the box, and could use a 100w hps and put some cfls around the sides to hit everything with good light, but again heat is the issue, ill prob have 3 exhaust fans and 1 or 2 intake fans, just tryin to get some advice, lookin for a Oz off 1 plant

edit: also if i grow its gonna be in a secret room, lol, my room has a closet, and in the closet is another door to a small storage room, if i dont grow in a box will the smell leak into the rest of the upstairs? cause smell is a big factor, house cant be smelling, there is no ac in the room and its sealed off pretty well from the other rooms, and there is a small hole leading outside, so hopefully i can stick a exhaust fan there for the air to flow outside for no smell

2. In your case I think cfl is the way to go. You have a small space to grow in in a small sealed off unair conditioned space. HPS could be done but I think you would have heat issues. You could possibly vent a cooltube to the outside. Use the cooltube as cab exhaust pulling cab air through tube and outside taking care of heat and smell inside of house.

3. man, an HID would turn a rubbermaid setup into an oven. stick with CFLs when you're working with a small setup like that.

4. yea cfls in that bitch smell dosent really get me but i grow bag seed so i dont know maybe if it is a well known strain it will smell i dont know