Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HELP! How long before going bad?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by sethhobrin, Jun 27, 2007.

1. I picked up a quarter of some good buds for a hundred bucks on June 12th. Unfortunately I am in the middle of a job application process and will have to take a piss test if I am offered the position. So I haven't touched it yet. It is double sealed in 2 heavy ziplock bags with the least amount of air I could get in it in a cool dark place. How long before this goes bad? Its not wet bud. Its pretty dry.

Anything I can do to keep this as fresh as possible for another possible month so I can hit it after I pass a drug test?

2. why dont you just re sell it and make a lil profit and when the time comes buy another bag ?

3. hard to come by. Its good stuff. I can't get stuff that easily and I don't have anyone to sell it to.

4. I would say you are fine. From what I hear it takes a while for bud to go bad. If its sealed up good that is a plus. Also, if possible, store it in the refrigerator. Dry is also a good thing, dry means less chance of getting mold. I wouldn't worry unless it is more than 2 or 3 weeks from now

5. So a fridge would help it? I can throw it in the fridge no problem if you guys think that would help.

6. That is what i have heard, Ive never had to store weed though, I smoke whatever i buy within a week or so

7. I know mason jars are great for long-term storage, that's what I'd do, but that's just because I know that works.

8. i would say put it in a mason jar. and if you mean pretty good shit like dank then you dont need to do this. but if its mids then i would say cure it for another month and it will be a lot better. or at least a little less harsh.

9. get someone to piss in a cup for you man...smoke smoke smoke:smoke:

10. i got a medical container filled with weed the other day n im just gonna keep it in that because it seems pretty air tight.. so i sugguest u try that

11. put it in a zippy lock bag tightly. then I seran wrapped the shit out of it. then put it in to a tupperware container in the back of the fridge.

Now I just need to put it out of my mind for another month until this job decided they want me and tests me...

12. As a long time weed consieur I can tell you it will last for atleast 6 months. Dont worry about it, just make sure no new air is getting to it.

13. if it gets too dry put like an little orange peel in that shit but you cant leave it in there for too long if it gets real dank put it in a paper bag for a couple hours

14. I just use mason jars. They seal out the air and cure your buds alot better then if you keep it in bags.

15. Someone told me that storing weed in an oven at 400 is best but then again he also told me rubbing an icecream sandwich on my dogs back would get rid of it's ticks. I say keep in ziplock bags and refrigerator will do it well, or use mason jars if u can get the air out.

16. chuck it in a frezzer. i keep up-to 9 ounces in there for months at a time. i smoke not sell so its in there for a long time, untill ive smoked it all! just remember to take it out a few hours before you want to smoke it for obvious reasons.

other benifit is that no smell gets out.

or get some one else to piss in a cup for you and smoke on!!!