HELP!!! How can I save my buds?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Eros, Feb 10, 2006.

1. I have a 6 ft. tall sage thats 4 weeks into flowering. She has started turning yellow and wilting. I water as needed so I don't think it's that and the yellowing of the leaves suggest it's a nitrogen problem. I've tried 5-1-1 fish fert but i'm afraid to use to much so close to harvest. What can I do to save her.

2. First and foremost, remove your signature, heh, just kidding.

You need to post pictures to get beneficial answers. The best thing to do is retransplant. I suggest a clean new pot, brand new soil, brand new nutes. Secondly, I suggest undistilled water, spring water, and then alittle bit of salt to get rid of the magnesium deficency. Check for pests, and also make sure your light is a sufficent space away from the cola of your plant, so you can rule out burning. Make sure you also have sufficent air flow, and that youre running at the right tempature. The best is to put an intake on one side, and an exhaust on the far wall opposite.

When buying the new soil, do research to see what other people have used, same thing with nutrients, and follow their directions. There are so many references and suggestion here or at overgrow it's sick.I figure if you go out and do all this at once tomorrow, you can probably save it.

3. I don't think I would go transplanting a pot plant any time after its first week or two into flower. Flower is the worst time to do transplanting unless it is really necessary. The added and potential stress can affect quality of the buds maybe even yield. I am speculating that your problem is a nitrogen deficiency as this is common especially towards the end of flower. However, unless you have some short flowering time type strain you should probably correct the problem. Give her a shot of some 20-6-16 or something with a high N number and this should subside the yellowing. Fertilizing of the plant should be stopped 2 weeks or so prior to flower. If you have a strain of MJ that falls into the more average flowering times of 8-10 weeks, you should be fine to fertilize. Then resume fertilization with your high in P fertilizer. Of course pictures would help solve your problem too, that way we can be sure it is nitrogen deficiency.

4. im only 18 and i love growing and pot is in my blood from my dad who has toked since he was 15 and grown since then to so i started when i was 14 and well i would have to say something to help ur plant a lil in flowering would be a diffrent NPK u said u were using 5-1-1 for flowering i would go with more of a 1-5-1 i use schultz EXPERT gardener bloom plus and that has a 10-60-10 NPK and trust me the plants love the shit lol i hope ur plants ok man

5. Nick I totally agree with that NPK fertilizer you use. During flower a high P number is essential. I also think a fertilizer with a high N number should be used in this case since it is probably a nitrogen deficiency he is having. Right before flowering the plant should be loaded up on nitrogen. I personally neglected to do this my last grow and by about the second week into flower my plant was turning yellow. I gave the plant a dose of my 20-6-16 and this curtailed the yellowing. Then I went back to the bloom formula.

6. well if its 6 ft tall...... i thinks its about time to bring her in! try some scrog training maybe? could help it...

7. I can't get any pics up right now but i've started triming the affected leaves off. I checked the soil yesterday and did find tiny insects the size of a dust particals crawling in the soil. I have had this same problem before but I had thought pesticide had fixed it. I'm going to get more pesticide and fight them the best I can. I checked again today and found a fine layer of a fuzzy mold looking substace on the top of the soil. It's my first harvest and I don't think it could get much worse. Her buds are starting to shine with crystals and I'm just hopeing she will last until harvest. I've also got a clone under another light, should I be worried about genetic weakness or does this all seem to be situational.

8. Those bugs are situational. Keep that plant far away from the clone. Hopefully the bugs were not brought in from the soil you use. As for the moldy soil, try scraping off the top layer and getting rid of it. Or you can just churn over the soil. I do this all the time when checking the moistness of the soil. It also helps to aerate the soil. Be careful not to disturb the roots too much. Also, don't trim off leaves too much. They will fall off or come off easily when touched. In other words, try to wait until THEY are ready to come off.

9. I've gotten rid of the mold but the insects have moved to my clone and seedling. They were as far as they could be from the other one but they flew over anyway. I've identified the insects as thrips. I'm using insecticide and bakwards wraped packing tape as a trap. It seems to be working very based on the number of bodies stuck on the tape when I check on it. I replace the rolls of tape whenever the majority of the surface area seems to be covered. I've also stoped cutting off leaves and the yellow seems to have stopped for now and my clone seems to be turning a darker shade of green. :hello: Thank you for your help. If I could I'd send you some of the finished product when it gets done, :smoke: but that would be a little risky.