HELP how can i clean my HMK?!?!

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by whitekush, Jan 18, 2011.

1. #1 whitekush, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
    hey guys, i just got a nice ol' HMK curve and i was wondering if the titanium (im not sure if my hand part is quartz) would be okay to go into simple green?

i <3 my concentrates, but i love clean glass more, HELP PLS

edit: after some googling i hear about ppl saving the curve for a "claim" or a "reclaim"

they talkin' bout a quick iso wash?

2. bumppp

after trhinking about it, if that res isnt like super duper amazing i'd prefer not to do any sort of reclaiming hahh

so would putting the Ti in the simple green have any bad side effects?

3. reclaim is definitely worth it...why do you need to clean the ti pad with simple green when a torch will do a better job?

4. I clean the titanium by heating it to a red glow and quenching it over a faucet, the temperature shock knocks off any cake.

5. And crack the pad after a few times.

Just doo wat junkie said, torch the back of the pad and watch all that tasty reclaim drip off into a dish.

As for the curve, just give at a quick iso rinse and eaither let it evap/reclaim or dump it out.

Cheers.

6. THANKYOU GUYS

also, is the reclaim worth it? sounds dirt.

7. Reclaim is not like resin... Its just slightly less quality than BHO.

Cheers.

8. #8 whitekush, Jan 18, 2011
    even the stuff in the curve itself?
    like i'm about to heat up the ti pad with the torch from behind and see if anytthing will droip off into a dish and then i was gonna iso the curve and dump it into adish for reclaim.

edit: i torched the back of my ti pad for about 5 minutes and nothing dripped i guess i dont have reclaim yet?

9. That would be a solid assumption.

And yes, iso the curve ane let it evaporate for reclaim

Cheers.

10. thanks everybody +rep

i just iso'd the curve and its sitting in a tray for reclaim after its evap (should be good in like an hour or two)

as for the ti pad it self i couldnt get any drip so i gave up, butttt its nice and clean now and i'm happy

cheers all

11. if your using your curve right, there should be no claim on the ti pad, it should only be seasoned, haviing a powdery white gray ash lining, this is not claim you want, the claim you want is in the glass curve itself and can be obtained by heating the curve and letting it drip out

12. #12 whitekush, Jan 18, 2011
    oh shiz that makes sense..

i have that gray ash lining on the ti pad, and i iso'd the reclaim out...
    is that shit i iso'd out gonna be ok to smoke? or did i fuck up hahaha

i guess next time ill try to torch it out.. i hope i dont fuck up the bell LOL

13. As long as all the iso is evaporated its 100%safe to smoke.

CHeers.

14. Considering I've had my HMK for 3 years and done this 100+ times I can safely say it isn't going to crack.

15. #15 gone4good, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
    what do I speak another language?
    maybe my font wasnt big enough?,
    lol...reclaim is definitely worth it! and dont use a torch on your glass, just use iso...the torch is gonna possibly scorch/stain the oil on your glass and most likely weaken the annealing process(this is why boro nails shatter)

16. ^^ after translating that into english... i think reclaim is ok... lol

Reclaim is great... and i wouldnt compare it to resin

17. reclaims bombbbbb

18. As has been previously mentioned. Reclaim is good. I don't like the taste so I either cook with it, use it to season new Ti, or just chuck it.