Help!! Homemade 17gal Aeroponic Cloner issues!!

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Mango710, Feb 23, 2018.

1. My babies are not well!! I have about 30 clones in 17 gallon homemade Aeroponic Cloner under 400w led in 3×4 tent small running fan on corner of container. The ph runs between 5.6-5.9 as of today the EC is 0.8; Ph 5.9 ; PPM 390 and water temp is 72-74 degrees. I use clone x and emerald harvest nutrients. Noticed roots forming over week ago clones healthy other than normal yellowing. Few days later notice red starting on leaves of some decided to do seedling/cuttling 3 part feeding as well as 1mL Superthrive continued to check ph,ec and ppm and again added root wizard and mag-pro yesterday. Reddening of the leaves has continued developing on most of my clones as well as brown curling tips. Not sure what went wrong any help or input is greatlyappreciated!! Can i save them or should i tossamd cut more clones?? What happened?

Attached Files:

2. How do the roots look

3. Some have very little roots and roots just beginning but they look good no rot

4. Did they make it? When you said I noticed roots forming, how long were the roots? I don't start feeding until roots are 4" to 6" long. Also when they are in clone stage it's not good to run a fan directly on them, it will dry out the leaves. Where was your humidity at?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you good to know 4-6inches for roots before feeding. I decided to start over threw those clones out re set up my res. Ill be taking new cuts later tonite if the dome i ordered is here ny this afternoon. I also decided to switch to 2 55w fluorescent bulbs and I think not having a the dome first time around may have been a mistake as well as water temp and running the light and sprayers 24 hours. Any advice is appreciated I had no idea how different aero is to soil other than ph but im learning and researching as a go i find these forums to be the most helpful though people with personal experience.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mellow lighting is important when cloning, I only use 2 T5 bulbs for cloning and never used a dome & I have gotten a 100% success rate. I don't have a tent so humidity for me ranges from 40 to 50%. You have a tent so you would have no problem keeping humidity around 60 to 70% during cloning. I don't feel that you would need a dome but try it and see what works best for you. I use an ez-cloner. Once the clones are rooted to 4" to 6", I transfer them to my aeroponic box & feed them lightly for about a week before I go into full veg mode. I find aero is easier than growing in soil. Good Luck!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Also your PH & PPM's are great. I have quicker results when my water Temps are around 78-80. Just make sure you use clear Rez or something comparable to keep the res clean from bacteria.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Really? Originally i wasnt going to use a dome im thinking maybe i wont now considering your sucess rate. This is my 3rd grow and decided to try aero instead of soil. Thank you for your help!!

9. Anytime, let me know how you make out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Definitley will doing the new cuts this afternoon. Thank you again

• Like Like x 1
  11. New Cuts water temp 65 ph 5.7 see if theu do better this time around should i mist them through out the day with just phd water? 15198717326931566597364.jpg

12. I have gotten roots in 7 days And other times it has taken 10 -14 days. My best and quickest results are when water temp is between 75 and 79 degrees. I also only mist once every couple of days. I have found that misting delays the root growth. Roots pop when the cuttings are looking for water and nutrients. If you mist them too much it will delay the roots from popping out. The clones in the photo are 10 days old.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Those look so really good compared to mine lol thanks for the help hopefully my new lights will be here tomorrow afternoon the latest and ive been keeping ph at 5.6-5.8

14. Hey sorry been without power and cell service for 2 days after storm thankfully clones are still well

• Like Like x 1
  15. we lost power too, thankfully we were harvesting the following day. Air temps were down to 45.

16. Curious How’r your clones doing Mango?

17. sounds like OK.

18. .