HELP - HERMIES

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dus10, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Alright guys, I'm somewhat frustrated and somewhat confused. Heres the story..

My first three times growing were successful. I used CFL's no nutrients and grew bud each time.
    Then i upgraded, got a 150W hps, got nutriets, used the same tent I had the first 3 times, but for some reason I have GROWN A HERMIE IN 4 STRAIGHT GROWS - 5 PLANTS.
    I do not know what the fuck is going on. I have changed nothing drastic and I cannot explain what my plants keep turning hermie. It happens about 2 weeks after flower. They will show pistols, grow mad pistols then grow balls the week after. I don't get it. 

My thoughts on what it could be...
    1. light leak - the tent is in my room, it doesn't turn on till 11 AM when the sunlight is making its way through. I always keep my blinds closed, but it is still illuminated. I keep the tent boarded up, but there may still be leaks through the zipper or something.

2. is there anway the pollination could be stuck on the lining of my tent, and just pollinating each plant I put in there now? is that even possible?

other than that I have no clue. Hopefully one of you guys can help me out. I purhcased 5 seeds from  nirvana and 3 for 3 have turned hermie. 

2. Do you ever open the zipper when the light is off? 

But if you think light is making it threw then throw some plastic of the window or a blanket. 

3. First and foremost....what genetics are you using?

4. Genetics...extream stress...or light leaks...orrrrr a male plant is hiding in the closet and while you sleep, it cums all over you beautiful female plants and impregnates them and goes back into hiding....all these variables are possible.

5. Pollen would do nothing to make your plants grow balls. My first guess is a light leak. Next run just sync the tent with the sun or get more into finding light leaks. If you turn your lights out in your room and on in your tent and you can see light coming from anywhere on the tent, then you have light leaks. These girls are alarmingly sensitive. Every time I start a grow under imperfect conditions or trust a closed door to do the trick I seem to get a herm in the bunch. Had an 818 headband do it last run, and I've never heard a bad word spoken about that strain. I took the seed from the breeder pack and it grew like headband, but it grew full on male flowers in week 3. I'm certain it was environmental and I suspect light, but If it was light the amount would have been almost nothing. .. I think they are just that sensitive especially if it's only one part of the plant getting the light, like a faint glow from under a door throwing a photon an hour at the only leaves not in the shadow of the fan. .. point is make sure the light is 100% sealed and I'm betting your problems will stop.

6. Pollen would do nothing to make your plants grow balls. My first guess is a light leak. Next run just sync the tent with the sun or get more into finding light leaks. If you turn your lights out in your room and on in your tent and you can see light coming from anywhere on the tent, then you have light leaks. These girls are alarmingly sensitive. Every time I start a grow under imperfect conditions or trust a closed door to do the trick I seem to get a herm in the bunch. Had an 818 headband do it last run, and I've never heard a bad word spoken about that strain. I took the seed from the breeder pack and it grew like headband, but it grew full on male flowers in week 3. I'm certain it was environmental and I suspect light, but If it was light the amount would have been almost nothing. .. I think they are just that sensitive especially if it's only one part of the plant getting the light, like a faint glow from under a door throwing a photon an hour at the only leaves not in the shadow of the fan. .. point is make sure the light is 100% sealed and I'm betting your problems will stop.