Help Heal my Plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mixedmindz, Dec 7, 2011.

1. #1 mixedmindz, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    ok,
    off to a bad start. (first time went so well...)

GH Fem. Lemon Skunk from Seed.
    17 Days from sprouting

First time with Bubble buckets.
    had good veg growth and tight intenodes.
    Roots broke the bottom of the basket and starting to 'mop up'
    so I switched to veg feeding.

using Botinicare Pro Grow, Cal-Mag, Liquid Karma, and root excelerator (forget the brand, silver metal bottle, red dragon emblem or something)

mixed all at recommended early plant dosages.
    brought mix to 5.8ph
    ppm showed 1300ppm!!!

But I've heard that the 'organic' botanicare line runs real high ppms when compared to chem.
    2 days or so I got the necrotic? patches on the first set of fan leaves.
    freaked and started backing off ppm. (dumping a bit at a time and filling with ph'd tap water(~90ppm)
    now at 900ppm.

My google'ing suggests possible a Magnese difficiency (from an overload of Magnesium)
    and suggests a foliar feeder to remidy.

I figured I'd pick the GC Community brian before causing more dmg.

-MM-

Attached Files:

• 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      219.7 KB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      262.2 KB
      Views:
    • 027.jpg
      027.jpg
      File size:
      212.4 KB
      Views:
    • 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      243.5 KB
      Views:
    • 028.jpg
      028.jpg
      File size:
      226.9 KB
      Views:
  2. not sure what it is....but flush if you think its an lockout (overload) but in IMO 1300ppm is pretty high for a youngin but i've never used Bcare so what would i know...ha

3. Looks like what I did to my plant. Think it's just nute burn. Flush flush flush. That's what I did and it stopped burning my plant. I could be wrong tho.

4. If i where you Whatever you went by on the bottle i would cut in half. flush and add new mixed nutrients half strength if continues cut in half again. A little goes a long way ;)

5. Thanks guys.
    Will do.
    I'll let you know how it goes.

6. I had similar problems on my first and second grows. Never enough to kill the plants, but definitely not good.

I used to think it was nutrient burn, high temps, or some combination. In my cases, those causes have been eliminated. I started seeing it on my third grow shortly after transplanting my largish clones. ppms were 850 or less.

pH paper showed I was in the 5.0-5.5 range. I bumped my pH until it was nearly 6. No more magnesium deficiency. No more leaves going bad. Plants look beautiful.

I'm using hydroton in an ebb-and-flow system. General hydroponics nutrients. I compared tap water, Reverse osmosis (RO) water, and condenser water on my last grow. Problem was less on the RO water. Yields pretty good in spite of a lot of sick leaves. This third round was all RO water and mild nutes. I also noticed that i am using the GH micro hard water formula, which eliminates the calcium. That should have left me on the good side of Mg deficiency. Another note, my PPM got into the 200-300 just from picking up residues from my hydroton. Thought I'd done a pretty good job cleaning it, but there it is.

7. Just a quick update, First I tried backing off the PPM but didn't seem to have any obvious benifit, I recalibrated my PH meter (which I think was a little off) and raised my PH 6.0. his did the trick.
    I'm guessing my reading of 5.5 was probably higher than the actual PH.
    And looking at the Nute chart I'm pretty sure this is what was locking out the Mg and Mn.
    So many thanks Thinker!

8. Looks just like my old plant when i had Ca Mg def with nute burned mixed in. Flushing helped and mine was soil so i added some dolomite lime which helped with ph and ca mg. Those leaves will come back just takes a while.

9. I grow the lemon skunk and I have never been able to go above 2.4 ec about 1200ppm's

lemon skink never liked anything over that - the la con on the other hand could handle like 3.2-3.6 ec with no problems

10. #11 mixedmindz, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2011
    *update*
    well, I basicly dropped to a flush (after deglazing @ ~350ppm after 4 days )
    I've been slowly topping off with 800ppm mix @ 5.8ph
    (had a leak, which I fixed put was loosing 1/2 gallon a day or so)
    currently at 750ppm 6.1ph. (flush was @ 6.5ph)

I'm very happy with the bushing. I've been tieing down to the bucket to give secondary branching optimal light. (and it keeps me busy while baked)
    my plan is to fill out as much as I can beleow the screen.
    then let the early flower stretch fill out the canopy and bud north of the canopy.
    (the floor is on an 'elevator' to drop and buds approach light)
    [yes content at the moment]
    <but lets make things perfect>
    its tough to tell in the below pics but the left plant still has a slightly yellower-droopy/wimpy look to it. it's filling out like a mother but everything seems a little runtish.

the right plant, same seed batch, same recirculating hydro looks splendind.

every day it is putting on mass with full, healthy green leaves...

the HPS/camera is forgiving to the yellow, you can tell the leaves that are'nt as smooth, they have more of a yellowish fade and are more textured.

then some fail fan clippings. (from old fan leaves, pulled becasue they were ugly/in the way.)

should 2 plants from the same seed stock behave differently like this?

Attached Files:

• 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      239.6 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      490.8 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg