Help!!have you seen white hash

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by hightime58, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Here's mi problem or question?? Have been making hash for the last 5 yrs always with medical sometimes with brick weed since I live about 1 mile from TJ,but when I do it always comes back amber to dark green.I use the alcohol and shake system like it is in the forum,but Mine is the color white more vanilla looking has anybody ever experience that or can they tell me that's something wrong.I've done this but never ever any thing like that,I would really appreciate it.It's been drying since 3pm this afternoon.:confused:

2. Do you have white hash currently drying and are asking "whats up with this?"

If so, unless incredibly pure, it'll "darken" (barely) to a nice blonde color.

I've been running with freezer qwiso the last few times and the washes came out white which mellowed out to a blonde as it dried, finishing as a light blonde powder.

My hypothesis is that white runs are more pure (thus lower yield), and contain a higher trichome ratio; trichomes are blonde, so it makes sense. the yellow or amber or gold comes from contaminants, trichs are really light.

You'll be getting lighter colored runs from a combination of the following: really short wash's, 10-15 seconds, using higher grade materials, by slowing down the reaction process, and by increasing the rate of trichomes simply breaking off from agitation (freezing)
    Note that I said lighter, as in shades of color, not thickness. If really milky, from great materials, the shade will appear darker ofc.

My 2 cents; have been making hash for only a year so there could be some things with the white runs I still don't know that cause them

3. Thanks 1sttime it really trip me out never seen that.What it was my plant a white rhino x super silver haze it was full of frosty trichs I tried to post some pics but wouldn't post I will keep trying.what you said make perfect sense,I woke up this morning and checked it and it was clear sort of but the finishing time is today in the afternoon so hopefully it'll be the shiznit and I even washed it twice and the second was the same a little cloudier I should of keep washing it until it turned green.after the second wash I looked at the trichs in the jar and they still had some but i thought that was it and after talking to you I could of washed it again.will see how it turns out?????

4. Ya wierd.....i had a batch turn red! I let it sit outside and when I came back to it ....it was dark red. I havent smoked it yet, im scared to...lol should I? But why is it red? The sun?

5. Hash can take on a reddish hue if you wash it a bit too long, a few more contaminants come with the much higher yield.
    If the wash was short though, yes, the sun can bake it to a darker color, red to black.
    Go ahead and smoke it! its fine; if it didn't get hot enough to vape the hash out all it did was discolor it. Taste might be affected, however. Potency MIGHT go up if none vaped out (Im not 100% on decarboxylation, I don't do it, but I think any form of energy will decarboxylate weed or concentrates; sunlight should do it slightly)

6. the hash i bought the other day was a yellow color :confused:

has anybody ever seen this?

7. [quote name='"1sttimegrower"']

Hash can take on a reddish hue if you wash it a bit too long, a few more contaminants come with the much higher yield.
    If the wash was short though, yes, the sun can bake it to a darker color, red to black.
    Go ahead and smoke it! its fine; if it didn't get hot enough to vape the hash out all it did was discolor it. Taste might be affected, however. Potency MIGHT go up if none vaped out (Im not 100% on decarboxylation, I don't do it, but I think any form of energy will decarboxylate weed or concentrates; sunlight should do it slightly)[/quote]

Thanks for the info bro! ima smoke it then! Ill be back to post how it was.

8. I think yellow is pretty standard