Help guys! :-(

Discussion in 'General' started by StonerWithAnEliteBoner, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Whatsup peoples!

I am in some bother at the momment. Its 5:30am and i cant sleep. I was on pain medication for my back and i haven't took none in a full 24hours as i have none and this is were im in bother...

I literally can not sleep one bit, my anxiety is through the roof and i can't keep still, evertime i lie down i have to sit back up again :( i literally have sat and cried, tried showering and everything, went through my stash of weed and that didnt help :(

I literally can't take feeling like is its so bad ive literally been trying to find away to make myself sleep or knock myself out.

2. Melatonin???

but Sometimes you just gotta trick your mind. Distract yourself with something you really enjoy doing. Watch a movie you really love that will keep your attention held. Something to distract you. Then you can try falling asleep.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have literally tried everything bro all i fel like doing is sitting and crying you have no idea how bad i i feel i couldn't even sit still for a movie

4. #4 Bill Dauterive, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Have you tried rolling your spine/back against the edge of a desk or chair or something with a somewhat round edge. That should help loosen your back up.

Maybe some aleve?

If all else fails get very drunk off beer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've been in a similar situation before where I Couldn't sleep until past 5 AM. Sometimes to 9 AM. Anyways, I think you'll burn out and get some shut eye and everything will return to normal.... It shouldn't be an everyday thing. Unless you're having withdrawal symptoms from said pain meds?

6. Well, on the plus side you shouldn't start gettin' loopy until the 36 hour mark.

Don't operate heavy machinery beyond this point and you should be alright since everything is muscle memory beyond the 20 hour mark...Eventually, assuming your body makes it beyond 36 hours, at about the 39-40 hour mark you will crash and sleep fuckin' heavenly.

I think it is science, but I'm not sure...I'm no scientist.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tylenol/advil (pm). It takes a little while to work. Should help a bit with pain and makes you so tired you should have no problem sleeping. I've been in your position a lot of times..

8. #8 StonerWithAnEliteBoner, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    I was on trams for my back pain and i've only stopped taking them for two days and i feel like this :-(

Its honestly like going in to shock in withdrawel terms! I couldn't take it much longer so i got myself over to the hospital and now waiting on the docc...

Uodate: anyway im back home still awake smoked a bong over an hour ok... Thats me off them other things for good... They are the worst things ever

• Like Like x 2
  9. I hope it was worth the $500, what was the emergency? I hate when people abuse the ER. Sometimes you just gotta suck it up.

10. We don't pay for health services over here mate, emergancy was i thought i was genuinly at the end of my tether!

11. People abusing the system because they have no skin in the game is one of the main reasons I don't think single payer health care is a good idea. Going to the ER because you're having trouble sleeping is a huge waste of resources. I realize you have back pain but that's been going on for a while so it wasn't an emergency situation either. If I was king of the world you'd get a bill. I do hope your situation improves, back pain sucks and so does drug dependency.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Unfortunately you cant dictate what he chooses to do. He obviously wasn't just sleepless but in pain and going through withdrawal symptoms aswell as very bad anxiety, I think he made the right choice by going. Im not trying to be rude but I think for you to say he was wasting time when he came onto here begging for help is just plain ignorant.

• Like Like x 1
  13. First let's define how ignorant I am regarding this issue. I worked in hospitals as a RN for most of my life, I've seen first hand how people come into the ER in the middle of the night for the sniffles they've had for days, and even more ridiculous reasons than that. While there certainly are subjects I'm ignorant on, this isn't one of them. I didn't criticize OP for posting his problem here and didn't say he was wasting our time, I said he was wasting health care resources. I completely understand withdrawal symptoms as for a couple of decades I had them on the regular but would never consider going to the emergency room because I was jonesing, that would be ignorant. But regardless I appreciate you giving your opinion on my post, I like feedback whether it's positive or negative.

• Like Like x 2
  14. So someone with serious pain and very bad anxiety should not visit the ER? Im not trying to rude or cause an argument but im just saying that the symptoms he described would probably need some sort of medical consultation and I think it was a good idea going there.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. I actually agree with you completely. From personal experience I've found that many people that work in a hospital end up desensitized to certain issues.. (please don't take that as an insult cactus, that might not be the case, but it's something to keep an open mind about).
    Too many times I've been unable to sleep due to pain, then that causes irritability, then that causes anxiety.. and at that point it can cause you to do stupid shit. Add that on top of possible withdrawal..
    I see nothing wrong with him going in for that.

Just my opinion..

• Like Like x 2
  16. I fully agree that I've probably become desensitized and can't feel empathy in some situations. It's my opinion the ER should be for emergencies and clearly (IMO) this wasn't one. Here's a list of good reasons to go in. When to use the emergency room - adult: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia While the OP was experiencing back pain, that didn't seem to be his main complaint. He was mostly complaining about anxiety so bad he couldn't sleep, or at least that was the way I read it. In my opinion he should have toughed it out and gone to an urgent care the next morning or called his doc to be reevaluated. But I frequently get these things wrong.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Serious pain, especially of unknown origin is a good reason for going in, unless it's been going on for a while like in this case. OP could have seen his doc for pain during the day or waited for the next day. Chronic pain isn't an emergency situation.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #18 Fizzly, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    I completely agree with you Ed.

The idea that all this is "free" will destroy us. Nothing of any value is ever free. These fucking late-night TV ads hawking catheters (really?), knee braces, and all the other crap are only there because most people won't have to pay for them directly out of their pocket. The ads even SAY that. So of course! Send me 100 free catheters! I can probably use them in my shop for something.

Being old enough, I'm sure you remember when the free market controlled health insurance and health care itself. Insurance was affordable to pay out of your pocket if your employer didn't cover you. When you went to the doctor YOU actually paid the bill, just like you pay your auto mechanic, roofer, or anyone else you hire.

And doctor bills, medications, etc. weren't expensive. The big stuff (hospital tests, surgeries, etc.) were covered by insurance -- which is what insurance is supposed to be for. Imagine what auto insurance would cost if it covered oil changes, filling the washer, washing the windows, checking/replacing tires, brakes, and such.

I paid my own health insurance premiums since 1982, but in the past 10-15 years they've gotten really out of control, as government got more and more involved. I went on Medicare two years ago, and although it drastically reduced MY cost, it did not reduce THE cost.

And it's going to get worse.

EDIT: I forgot about the original thread subject: insomnia -- I've had it for over 30 years. It sucks. I've been on prescribed meds for 13 years and still take some OTC stuff in addition, when necessary. Having chronic insomnia can really screw your life up.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Were you looking for this sub-forum?
    Politics

And then you edited in some info that was on topic... So I guess I'm going to look like an ass when I post this.. but I've typed too much to turn back now.. ;)

20. Conversations go places. I'm guessing in this case you don't agree with having to pay for your own health care and that's why you're complaining about off topic posts. You probably wanted to reply but it was off topic. Close?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1