help ---- got new cfl, but positioning issue over single plant,

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mh523, Feb 11, 2009.

1. right now my cfl (125W / 240v / 6400k) is positioned vertically, an inch away from the top of the plant (12 days old) but slow growth because just until today it was growing under 7w light bulb,

its not in a grow box, no do i have a reflector.
    my grow room is 2ft x 4 ft x 6 feet, walls painted white, relatively warm, i dont know about humidity but it feels optimum, got fan running 24/0
    soil is organic, but adding perlite tomorrow.

so my question is, how do i position the cfl? the cfl is pretty big, and i dont know if i should position horizontally or vertically above the plant.

and any advice on the reflector? DIY guides?

thanks in advance

2. cardboard top covered in white printer paper.

Keep the paper a few inches away and you'll be fine.

CFL's dont generate enough heat to burn paper... then again I dont know about 125w cfl.

3. yeha, theres not much heat.

so keeping it vertical or go horizotnal

4. CFLs emit more light from the side than the end. so mount it sideways :smoking:

5. thanks.

anyone else?

6. ya sideways is best, more surface light.

7. growing experts?

8. Sure, I'll chime in. You can grow a nice, albeit small plant with a horizontally mounted 125W CFL. For a cheap reflector, take a cardboard box and using scissors and duct tape reshape it to resemble the reflectors you've seen. Then spray it with matte white paint. Switch to 12/12 when your plant is around 8-10 inches tall. Take care and in a couple months you should some nice buds to smoke. Good Luck!

9. thanks OCDinFL, gum dispencer,legalize.me

peace