help going from soil to bubble pot

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by bubble pot, Feb 26, 2011.

1. hi there can any one give me adice on bubble pots i can grow in soiul but want a change got bubble pot here ready to go but would like advice on them befor i start

thanks

2. never tried but i would make sure to rinse all of the dirt off of the roots and use plain eater in the res untill you can see new and health root growth

3. im starting fresh from bubble not transplanting from soil to bubble

4. clone in rockwool cubes, i like the 1.5 inch or use seeds. harden them off and make sure they have been fed 1/2 strength nutes in the rockwool. then drop them in your bubbler.

5. thanks wert i got rockwool to strart them off what about technical details ph,ec ect i only grew in soil so hydro is new to me

6. start out small with a simple bubble bucket and air stone and see if you can get good results before you really dump any money into hydro. i did alot of experimenting before i decided on an ebb and flow (sog) system. i started however using a system bubble bucket i made from a plastic folgers can. that way you can get used to learning the ph and nute schedule for hydro versus soil. i personaly use both i enjoy soil bound plants and i love working with hydro. i compare it to driving a car. soil would be an automatic while hydro would be the stick shift. you just have alot more control over everything with hydro. hope this helps [​IMG]

i found that by germing the same strain and planted the exact same time i had a tremendous difference in growth rate from the DWC versus the soil bound plants. in order to keep the plants at an equal height extensive LST was required.

now here in lies my argument while i strongly feel that hydro plants will grow faster and give better yields. i my self personally do not have the experience with hydro to get the quality of bud that growing the same plant in a soil medium will harvest. but like i said that just because im not good enough with hydro yet to get the quality. i can however greatly increase my yields from using hydro.

so here is my advise. find a strain that you just absolutely love and wouldn't mind smoking on for years. spend a few bucks and pick up a DWC system or bubble bucket system. this would then be the housing for your mother plants of the strain you picked out. growing in the bubble bucket you have complete control over the root base and therefore if properly maintained will never have to worry about root rot and other issues. then after having grown and very strong mother plant in the bubble bucket take clones off her in a perpetual cycle. and depending on your tastes either transplant into more hydro mediums or right into your soil. doing this technique one mother plant can produce enough clones in one month to fill an entire 4x4 room sog grow. and if you think about it by the time the flower room is done with its cycle your mother plant should have had plenty of time to recoop and you can begin the whole process all over again.

again i just think bubble buckets are best used for either long life mother plants or if you just looking to get bigger yields and dont care so much about quality of the bud! but thats just my two cents. \t\t:hello:

check out my current grow its a combo of soil bubble buckets. my mothers are currently bubble buckets while the kids are all soil.

7. thanks kush i admit i can grow awesome smoke in soil i only grow for quality i just want to see if i can put it into practice with what i know about growing if ya know what i mean butg thanks for it was help full i got everything ready to go just waiting for seeds to get roots then off i go:hello:

8. thats honestly the only reason i started doing it as well just to see if i could do it. and it turns out if you know basics about growing its not rocket science if you dont let it be. but yea good luck with your project and hope to hear good news. i currently have 5 females flowering at the moment so im so excited! :D iv seem to have pretty good success with my bubble buckets so lemme know if i can be of any assistance.

9. #9 bubble pot, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011
    yeah kool hush i will keep intouch about it i have 4 blue cheese cuttings going in soil and a wounder woman and a rocklock for my bubbles which are in wool at the min 1 jut came through today so am canny excited to get it into this bubble pot see if i can work my magic lol

kush drop me a pm so i can get to u directly if thats ok am going to try diary on this grow i cant wait

10. best thing you can do is invest in a digital pH meter. trying to balance pH with drops or test strips gets old real fast.

hydro is pretty easy but it does require more attention than soil grows

i made a small rubbermaid container for new seeds/clones, and have buckets when they get bigger.

dont skimp on lights either, a 150hps system is fairly cheap and blows cfl's out of the water.

my next major upgrade to my system would be a air filter

11. #11 bubble pot, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
    got digital ph and ec metres (essentionals make)
    got 600 watt digital dimerbal ballest
    5" ruk fan
    5" rhino filler
    2 4" intake fans dr120 tent
    acustic ducting
    smscom climate control
    super nova bulb reflector
    i am on top with all decent stuff will not buy shit