Help! Going crazy bad trip while sober

Discussion in 'General' started by Lerf, Sep 8, 2012.

1. So I've been working at wendys since my junior year of high school. After graduating my dad got laid off so he found a job in a different state. I moved with my parents and now I can't go to college because of out of state tuition til next semester. I feel like a fucking waste to society because I am a highschool graduate working in fast food and it makes me feel like extra shit because Im working first shift and I hate when people look at me and are like wow what an idiot just because im in fast food. I've been offered manager but turned it down because of school and 26/year. I just feel low class and I am tripping out please help. It makes me think that people think im just an idiot and its giving me a social disorder

2. Easier said than done, but stop giving a fuck what other people think. Thats the only solution. If you wanna do something other than wendy's, do it for yourself and nobody else. Except like your mom or some shit.

3. ehh you're young, a fast food job isn't horrible.

And also this is the recession... or we're just getting out of a recesssion, either way.. at the fast food places by me there are old people and middle aged people that work there. I'm sure they aren't happy to be working there either, but they are doing what they gotta do to get by.

Also, if you don't like mcdonalds then why not start looking for another job? Maybe even just another non fast food part time job. When I was young I worked a few crappy part time jobs, I eventually started working multiple part time jobs and I felt better about myself because I didn't feel like I was just stuck/had to work at one of the jobs and had the freedom to leave if I wanted.

4. Atleast you have a job, Why are you tripping?
    Smoke some and chill, who cares what people think. Atleast your working and are WANTING to do more with your life.
    Keep your chin up

5. Quitting because of how people view you working there, will just make you look like a pussy. Hang in there, get that register experience apply for work in retail next. That's how you gotta build up your resume, and believe it or not. Your future employers won't look down on your fast food experience, they will see you as a striving individual who does the work stuck-up snobs won't and respect for that.:hello:

6. A lot of people are stuck in a terrible job for decades at a time often, just to survive. Work often sucks, in fact most people hate there jobs. You gotta do what you can to make money

7. Dont sweat it dude, who gives a shit what people think of you. Make that paper, build your resume, keep professional refrences, and look for jobs youd like. The key is to never "accept" a job as something youll do your whole life, always strive for where you want to be.

8. Yep, one of my first jobs was at a place that is border line fast food. More like a hot dog/hamburger joint.. but basically the same thing. The restaurant I worked at is really well known in the chicago area, it's like this regional chicago place called Portillos that gets really busy. I literally keep this job on my resume still because at almost every one of my job interviews the interviewer has asked me about Portillos, what it was like there, how much they liked the food, etc. I worked for years in the Banking industry, and I would have interviews (successful interviews) with some one in Banking and we'd spend more time talking about my experience at Portillos than I would at the last bank I worked at. lol.

Also, like Relentless said, I went right from my restaurant job to a nice cozy retail job because of the experience I learned from fast food.

9. Why not switch to something else until you qualify for in state tuition? Someone above suggested retail. Go apply to Best Buy or another store. Some of those cell phone sales people and other sales people just chill out and bullshit in the air conditioning all day.

Of course you would deal with customers occasionaly but its not as fast paced as fast food, and you won't go home smelling like fryer grease every night. To me I never felt low class working in a kitchen so how about applying for a real restaurant job.

Wanna feel like a boss without being a boss?

Get a job as a host for a nice restaurant. You work with mostly females(The wait staff) and get to stand behind a podium and greet rich people or middle class people acting rich. You get to wear nice clothes as part of the job and have a good excuse to drop 20-50$ on a haircut for the first time as a guy. Do you have any idea how much power that podium gives you? :D

10. Lol @ people hating on you for working there, yet their the ones paying their money to put that crap into their body.

11. It's your life. You have complete control over it, so that means you have control over your happiness and if you've grown up you should of learned this by now. Even if you're a poor kid just graduating and don't have everything handed to you, that doesn't stop you from accomplishing things and earning what you don't currently have to make you happy.

I doubt you could handle college anyways, unless you like debt and not earning anything because all of your money goes to debt, and then not being able to find a professional job because they'd rather hire someone with experience.

it's your life man, it's up to you now.

Fuck man, go do some labour for $15/h, way better then scrambling around a noisy ass crammed restaurant for $7.50

12. It's your life. You have complete control over it, so that means you have control over your happiness and if you've grown up you should of learned this by now. Even if you're a poor kid just graduating and don't have everything handed to you, that doesn't stop you from accomplishing things and earning what you don't currently have to make you happy.

I doubt you could handle college anyways, unless you like debt and not earning anything because all of your money goes to debt, and then not being able to find a professional job because they'd rather hire someone with experience.

it's your life man, it's up to you now.

Fuck man, go do some labour for $15/h, way better then scrambling around a noisy ass crammed restaurant for $7.50, you're young, everyone will hire you, I'm sure you're better then working at Wendy's.

Do you even have ANY goals for the future? Or are you going to work in Wendy's for the rest of your life? I'm sure there's some trade you like and can get into.

13. Get over it. :p

No one thinks you're an idiot for working in fast food. You're reading way too much into peoples expressions.

Anyone who's buying fast food likely doesn't give a fuck about the people who are working at the food place they're buying from. :poke:

You've got a job. That's more than a lot of people have. Don't get all whiny over it just because you worry about how people might look at you for working at a fast food place.

14. You could have at least read the post before you went on about the negative sides of college and questioned his ambitions in the later part of your post. But I still think its good you brought that up. Junkiedays kinda mentioned it in her post, aswell as others.

The OP's only driving force to move forward in life seems to be that he feels low class in his current job. You get that anywhere you have a boss. You can be in a nice posistion and still be treated like crap. Then again he did mention that he wanted to go to college so he might have goals.

BUT....
    This is a horrible attitude in my opinion. The guy is twenty six and working at a fast food joint. Yeah, it's true that he is luckier then most other people in the world. But in this part of the world he could hope for alot more then flipping burgers. People need to quit acting like having a minimum wage job at a dead end workplace without health/dental benefits is something to be grateful about.

If it's not something that a person enjoys there are no benefits unless it is being used for a resume, or for money to use towards a goal.

15. I worked there while I was 18-19.

I just thought about the managers, and was happy my life isn't that shitty.

16. Seems like you're the one with the horrible attitude, Atleast they have a fucking job in this economy, who cares what it is. And atleast they want to go to school and get a better job. Jeesh, you need to smoke some and calm down.

17. I'm not saying he shouldn't strive for more, but I also don't think he should get all depressed about the job he has just because he thinks people are looking at him in some negative way.

Work for more if that's what you want, for sure, but also appreciate what you have. I don't know anyone who would look down on someone for working at a fast food place... hell, someone's gotta work there, right? If someone is looking down on you for it, then that person is probably an asshole.

18. You know what our grandparents used to call flipping burgers back in their day?

Opportunity.