Help! Going away for a few days, and need a auto setup to feed pups

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Ridgebound33187, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Hi guys

I figured if anyone can help me with my little problem, it would be you fellow hydroponic cultivators! I am going away for four or five days, and I am not going to be home to feed my pups. So I kind of had an idea, I figured I can set up a small tank with the water and nutrients already mixed in and maybe use some kind of aquarium fish tank pump to feed them at certain times of the day.. Using a timer. I imagine that there might already be a setup kinda like the one I had in mind. I am using soil, so it doesn't have to be anything fancy, I just needed it to feed enough to where it might just pour out the drip holes on to the catch tray. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Ridgebound: that's the problem with hydro, you don't get time off. Thinkgs happen fast and a number of us have returned to a dead garden after a long weekend. You might want to plan better or have a friend check in on your grow while you're gone.

If you have deep pockets you might want to check with Discount Hydroponics at Riverside, California they sell CAP Controllers for almost every aspect of growing but they get expensive fast. I hope that helps. Hank
    Hank

3. Ridgebound see if you find water cube. Its available at amazon or your grow store. Its a reservoir with timer and flow controls works via gravity....mabe a little pricy but that would do it. Battery operated...8gal capacity.

4. Hey brother! I've left my room running unattended for 4 days, twice during my current grow, with no issues. Basically I have a fish tank pump on an automated timer with drippers from the garden store feeding bato buckets.

I would buy the smallest drippers you can find, like .5 gph and hook them up to a 4, 6, or 8 way manifold on 1/4" drip line. Then you can pressurize that line with a fish tank water pump. Now you can set up an old school mechanical timer that is set up to run once every morning or so (depending on your media, and how long it takes to dry out). I would get a big washing machine drain tray from the local hardware store to catch the run off... If you get a digital timer, you can easily dial in the amount of nutrient each plant gets by only running the system for a few minutes at a time. Also, it would be wise to add two drippers per plant, in case one gets clogged (which is inevitable.) You'll need to experiment with it a little to get the proper levels and such, but it's easy to build and you can do it all for less than $50. My permanent hydro system is basically an amped up version of the same thing.