Help Glass Artists : Can Glass be added to a finished piece? Can a pipe be made "Thicker"?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by micky7c, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Hello,
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, I searched the forum and couldn't find any similar thread so I couldn't find an answer other than opening a thread.

I was at my favorite shop the other day and I had taken a dab and was just exploring all the products.
    I wasn't planning on buying glass (I had come for something else specific) but this one piece just smoke to me and I had to add it to my collection haha

It's like a 12" Clear Glass Gandalf Pipe with a HUGE bowl and a red green and yellow stripe down the middle. It looked awesome and it hits soon good, the only problem is that its super thin!!
    I almost didn't buy it, and the shop ended up giving me 15% off because the pipe is so thin. Is there any way that a little bit of glass could be heated up and applied to the bottom of the pipe to make it thicker?

I like to keep my glass for a long time, so thin won't do :( but I'm glad to pay someone to add a little glass to mine, if thats even possible.

thanks stoners

2. Theoretically that's possible. As someone who blows glass, I wouldn't try it myself though. Repairs or alterations are never simple or easy, you could lose the whole piece in the process. Just go with your gut next time and don't buy a super thin pipe.

Flame worker in VA.

• Like Like x 1