Help from those a little more versed please

Discussion in 'General' started by AuDiOpH1Le, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Greetings all. I was thinking of posting this in the sex , love and relationships forum. But i think it would be more suited here , seeing as sex , love and relationships has become share dirty stories.

Anyway , to the point. Four months ago , I started work at a new company. And at this company , I met a girl.

Now just to give you a little background on the situation. A year ago , I ended a 2 year relationship with someone that i honestly thought i would marry one day. Anyway , it ended badly to say the least. So i have been very cautious lately about getting into serious relationships. Anyway , back to the point.

Let me also just say , i'm not asking for relationship advice from complete strangers on internet forums because i want to , but because i have no other option. I don't really have anyone to talk to about this kind of stuff. So just bare with me please. And Please ! Just give me your feeling on the situation.

Anyway , i have been told numerous times , by many different people , to avoid relationships at work. For obvious reasons. But that isn't what is worrying me.

You see , this girl , i'll call her d from now on , moved out of her parents house , under less than favourable circumstances. The reason being , to move in with her (now ex) boyfriend. Anyway , she is still living with this guy , who is a real tool btw. And i'm still living with my parents (before u make judgements , i'm 19). So u see , this kind of complicates things.

To make things worse , she says she still loves him. Even though , he treats her like shit , takes hard drugs at least once a week , and walks around thinking everything is owed to him.

I guess i'm just hoping that someone has had a similar situation , if thats possible , and is able to offer some advice.

Anyway , sorry for the long read ! I'm a bit too stoned to be venting.

2. "she is still living with this guy "

game set match, you lose

3. if she still loves him (regardless of how he treats her) all you can do is tell her she's freakin' amazing and if things don't work out with him maybe you could take her out.

It might end up a bit awkward having to work with her after that though.

4. This is tricky. There's not much you can do since she's in love with an asshole. Just show her your personality and maybe she'll switch over...get to know her more and ask her to chill.

5. If I were you, just do things to win her over. Maybe invite her to hang out with you and see a movie. Show her you aren't a druggie. Make her feel like you care and she will definitely start to have feelings for you. I've done this with girls before, so just be patient.

Good luck.

6. 1- if she's still living with him and still "loves" him.... you want to stay away, all it's going to end poorly

2- you may be in to her for the same reason i've experienced over the years. you see a good-looking, down-on-her-luck girl that you think is really better than the situation she's in... your (i don't know if this is a male instinct or just one some guys have) instinct to swoop her and get her out of there and protect her is kicking in.... sometimes they really do deserve to be in the situation they're in, and you won't realize it until it's too late for either of you to get out cleanly

3- your heart may be telling you that you're finally over the ex and it's time to get back out there.... so long has you don't lead her on thinking the relationship is serious (at least at first), she could be a good way to get back out in to the dating scene..... it's how i got over the girl i thought i was going to marry, met some hot girl at work, dated her, banged her, got serious (my only mistake was not realizing we were both just looking for rebound sex when we first got together)

7. Women just want to be loved. They also need to be needed, which is the main reasons she is still with this d-bag...

all you can do is try to take her out on a couple dates... And just wait till she's over this guy...

It isn't lookin good man... I know the feeling though...

My advice, keep ya head up and move on... Plenty more fish out there ripe for the stuffing :smoking:

8. This.

9. Yup... Forget her, shes not worth your time it seems.

10. This situation is nothing but drama and grief for you. She's still living with her ex which means they are probably still having sex. She won't be able to move on from that situation and be with someone else until she has distanced herself from her current circumstances.

Move on to someone else, this is nothing but trouble.

I wanted to add, I understand how you feel, I broke up with my fiance about three years ago and have yet to find a good stable relationship. For the first year I kept myself single or purpose, to heal and move forward. After that I was in a relationship for a few months and found it disappointing, so I broke up with the person. Now, three years later, I feel like I've finally healed and want to move on, just need to find the right person to move on with.