Help from mainly girls

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Hello?, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Do girls like alot of attention? Like do they always want you to text them first?how much attention do they like? Obviously it varys by the girl, but for the most part...and how much do they like you to back off? A percentage would be great (ex. 70%attention and 30% alone)

2. I'm not a girl, but I am a doctor :cool:. First off, every girl is different. Second, most girls enjoy as much attention as you could possibly give them provided you're not annoying them. BUT, if you actually want the girl to be interested in you, don't give her all the attention she wants.

There's no way you're going to get a percentage, girls are not a math equation. I'd say a good way to judge when to give her more attention and when to back off is when you text/call to hang out about half the time, and she texts/calls to hang out about half the time. If you're always the one trying to hang out, back off. She probably doesn't want you to, but trust me you want to.

As far as how often to text or call, if you're always texting her to hang out or giving her compliments, it won't excite her as much anymore. But if you go awhile without talking, odds are she's thinking about you and an out-of-the blue text like "hey beautiful :)" or something will put a smile on her face.

Less is more.

3. Yea I kno there not a math equation, but a percentage would be good from an actual girls personal liking, thanks for the help professor

4. I don't like hearing from anyone 24/7. Constant calling/texting really annoys me, but I'm only speaking for myself.

5. Yea of course...I don't think anyone does lol

6. I enjoy attention, but not too much attention. I don't like being cuddled constantly and I do, very much have a personal bubble.

Clingy is bad, calling all the time is bad, but random texts saying, "Man, i can't stop thinking about your beautiful face." or "I'm having trouble concentrating because all I want to do is see you again." Umm, things like, "Baby, you make me so hard." is good too, but only if you're comfortable with the girl and she is your current girlfriend.

And if you haven't talked to her all day, calling after work to say, "Hello beautiful, how was work?" is always a good thing to hear, especially after a stressful day. You always have to act like you are genuinely interested.

When you're chillin' with her, maybe just lean closer to her or sit relatively close so she can initiate contact. Don't maul her with kisses, or have her in a choke hold. Maybe wrap an arm around her, but usually just let her do the touching. That way you know when she wants it, but if she ever says, "I would really like you to just hold me more." There is the answer to your question. :wave:

7. HAHA! if only girls ever actually told us what you really want, it would be so simple :)

Just messing, I know there are girls who are down to earth and straight up enough to do that, yourself included.

8. A lot of women are down to earth and will tell you whats up... at least all the women I know... but then... there is the difference between a woman and a girl.

9. those three responses are the difference between women and girls

EDIT: exceptions to both, ofcourse

10. I would say, give enough attention to be interesting, but not enough attention to appear like you don't have a life outside of her. If you give a girl a certain amount of space and she complains, you know exactly where the line is.

For instance, if she texts you to hang out, maybe do it 1/2 of the time, or 3/5 of the time. Always respond, and maybe come up with some bs like "I'm volunteering at so and so..." or "I'm helping a buddy get his car towed..." etc. Something that shows certain values.

Other than that, it's definitely an ever changing social dynamic. As both of you, and your relationship changes, this answer will also change.

11. Yes, most girls want a lot of attention. Yes most want you to text them first. Of course don't be overbarring because no one likes a stage one clinger.

12. true.

13. If I like a guy, I like a lot of attention. It's pretty hard to be "too clingy" for me, as long as a guy has his own life and his own friends, and he's alright with spending time apart, he can text as much as he wants. But of course all women are different about that kinda thing.

And to be honest, the whole "don't give her the attention she wants" thing doesn't work for all girls, it doesn't work for me. If a guy acts distant or unavailable it just makes me get bored with him and I move on to the next. I, along with some other girls I know, have a short attention span, so be careful when playing that sort of game.

14. 110% (give or take 110%) . . .

Everybody likes attention, but there is such thing as too much attention. Clingy is a no-no . . .

15. First of all, no offense to any of the above female posters, but instead of getting advice from girls, it is far more effective to use advice by guys who have many sexual experiences with many different types of girls. :rolleyes:

16. You don't have a vagina and you honestly think you know more about the opposite gender than they know about themselves? :D

17. ROFL, when I saw this thread I could have sworn the title was "Help from manly girls"

Anyways, my girl craves attention, constantly. But when I chill with other girls, they'll get a call from some guy and reject and say something like "Fuckin idiot, stop calling me."

A lot of it depends on the kind of girl, but I assume more of it is what kind of guy you are. If you're someone that she's into, she'll want more attention from you, and vice versa.

18. Shes gotta point

19. Personally I'm dating a guy and we both hang out with the same exact group so we see each other a lot.
    If you're in a situation like that there's obviously going to be a lot of time spent with her, but make sure you keep it down on the touching or flirting around others.
    I like my guy to keep it in the friend zone otherwise it can get weird around the other guys sometimes. They know we're together, no need to flaunt it.
    But when the doors are closed, attention and physical limitations are off.

But that's just me :wave:

As for when you're not with her, texting often is fine but don't reply back the second you get something. I may be texting my guy but the replys can lag anywhere from 3 minutes to 30.

Just balance it all is what Im trying to say I guess. haha but again, that's in my opinion.

Chicks vary.

20. So yeah, I'm not a "girl." BUT, I am bi, and very much intune with my femanine side. So as far as my opion goes. I pretty much agree with most of the responses on here. I want my man, to at least call me or text me during the day. I mean we are a couple but we're not joined at the hip either. Too much calling and texting just gets on my nerves, it makes me feel like he's paranoid about something he did and wnats me to know just how much i love him. Before I find out what happend

I DONT KNOW IF THAT EVEN MADE SINCE. I'M REALLY BLAZED RIGHT NOW.. LOL SORRY,

Anyways, I think you just have to find a happy medium and go from there.

hope that helps bro.

***CJ -aka- LETTERS***