Help for PVC tubing and supplies

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by DrManhattan, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Hello,

I see you guys use in many of your projects that white PVC pipe and tubing (SCH40?) I have many things in mind to build in that style, but in my country this material is not very common, they sell an equivalent one which is green, very thick, but it has metal covering and thread inside, is very expensive and it's made just for hydraulical purpouse (high temp and pressure). It's a total overkill in terms of costs if you want for example build a simple structure, like a scrog or a small cage. Can you kindly tell me which are your best suppliers for this kind of material?

Many thanks!

2. honestly, it would be just as easy to use some wood and make a frame. if you're planning on making a scrog net type thing, you can just drill holes in the wood and wire. PVC is nice because it is so light weight, but wood would do the trick.

3. Not sure he'd be asking if wood were a viable substitute... My guess is he needs something that will carry water as well as be a convenient building material...

OP, your best bet is to find a company online that will ship it to you. You may even be able to have it cut to the sizes you need, although that's pretty expensive.

4. If you cannot readily find PVC, look for metal or plastic electrical conduit. The metal conduit is fairly strong, and the plastic conduit is CPVC a slightly thicker stronger version of PVC.

5. Idk if they ship internationally, but these guys have good prices and great customer service.