Help For Plant With Root Rot

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by alex77c7, Jun 26, 2014.

1.   I have a sativa that's a month and a half old and is 11 inches tall. It's first few weeks I over watered it, and it had poor drainage in miracle grow soil. The leaves were turning brown and then becoming crisp. I trimmed the plant and repotted in a much better pot surrounded by better soil, but I didn't add any more perlite than the little it had. I also couldn't get much dirt off the root ball because it was compact. 
      The plant looked better for the last few weeks, and has been growing slowly. But it has slowly continued to get sick, browning crisping on the lower leaves which spreads up. I've been told by someone who looked at it that it is pythium root rot. From all that I've researched, I think I have two choices: 1. Transplanting, brushing the all the soil off the roots and repotting. 2. Trying to add some kind of c202, or one of the specialty liquids to try to help the roots. But it has been a failing plant, or atleast stunted, it's whole life. Any advice would help. I don't care how desperate the attempt would be, I'm probably about to just toss the plant.

2. Try the H2O2 and set it aside and get new seeds planted.

3.   I was told by a friend who is a horticulturist that it is root rot. To me it looked like it could have been a lot of different things- The main problem was gradual browning of the bottom leaves starting with the tip, and then the leaf would curl and crisp. Originally it was also yellowing, but that was fixed with nutrients and repotting with better drainage. It spent it's first three weeks in a pot with miracle grow organic choice, a pot that was only draining water once it was filled up an 1/8th of the way, and I overwatered originally to try to fix the problems.

I trimmed all the bad leaves off, watered it with two and a half tsp. of h202, and changed it to 12/12. The first picture is from a few days ago before I did that.

Attached Files:

4. I'm not sure why a few are upside down. 1. The plant today. 2. Plant today. 3. seedlings I got that sprouted three days ago 4. same. 5. The plant before I trimmed it. 7. The plant before I trimmed it.

5. Can I go ahead and put my seedlings in with the plant I just started on 12/12, and start the seedlings from day 5 on the 12/12 with them?