Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help for my wife...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by me0ldfart, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Hello to everybody from a new member.
    My wife is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis in her wrists, hands and knees. The pain has become almost unbearable and her pain meds and anti-inflammatories aren't working anymore at all. Injections are effective for five to seven days at the most. We both hold MMJ cards, and are at a loss as to what strain... Method of ingestion... Would be good for her. Concentrates, flour, topicals, tinctures... Anything but edibles. Can someone help with some advice? Or maybe a link or two to some related articles? Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. You're gonna want a strain with high CBD...there are quite a few to choose from now but if I were you I would try to find something with a little THC also. A 1:1 ratio would be nice. The CBD will help with the pain and THC has anti inflammatory properties which will also help with arthritis. I would recommend concentrates. As for a specific strain you should ask at your dispensary for they're best medicinal strains and what they might recommend for your wife.

3. Welcome friend. I'm sorry to hear your wife is suffering. My girl suffers from lower back pain. She can barely move when the pain comes. Seems to flare up when it's about to rain. Hard drugs don't solve the problem they just mask it. But eventually, they don't work at all. I've heard of balms and salves for that sort of thing. Have you heard of Rick Simpson. He claims his oil cures cancer, and can help with arthritis. I haven't personally used it, but I do believe in what he is doing. Run from the Cure is the name of his documentary.

Rick Simpson - Marijuana Cancer Cure - The Skeptic's Dictionary

This text is from this link above.

Some twenty years after Simpson heard the radio report about cannabinoids slowing the growth of tumors in mice, he was working in the boiler room at a hospital when he had a head injury. He suffered a concussion and for years afterward had headaches, ringing in the ears, and trouble sleeping. In 1998, he saw the movie Reefer Madness II (or was it an episode of Dr. David Suzuki’s The Nature of Things?) about the promise of marijuana as a medicine. He decided to try marijuana for his medical problems. After all, he reasoned, the prescribed medicine he was taking wasn't working. His doctor wouldn't prescribe marijuana, so he grew his own. He eventually started experimenting with hemp oil that he made from the buds of his plants. After using hemp oil, he says, his headaches went away, the ringing in his ears got tolerable, he slept better, and his arthritis disappeared. "Within a few months," he says, "people saw the difference. The oil controlled the pain, my blood pressure, and it allowed me to sleep. I lost weight and looked 20 years younger.”* Some readers may find it interesting that the man who claims hemp oil cures cancer developed skin cancer after using hemp oil for several years. Anyway, in 2003 Simpson had one facial spot removed and biopsied. Before he got the results of the biopsy, he self-diagnosed himself as having an infection where the spot had been removed. He applied cannabis oil to two other spots that hadn't been surgically removed and a few days later, he says, they were gone. He put the oil on his self-diagnosed infection and it too disappeared. He self-diagnosed that the cancer came back and again he applied cannabis and again he concluded that cannabis had cured his cancer. The biopsy had confirmed, he says, that the removed spot was basal cell skin cancer. The other two spots weren't tested before they disappeared. Simpson seems to have concluded that since the spot removed was skin cancer, the other two spots were also cancerous.

As far as what strains I'd say the higher potency the better. I think anything you choose will work for you.

4. Topical Balm Marijuana Concentrate - Medical Cannabis Lotion

5. Thank you all for your prompt responses. I will check out all of this information, and we will see, by experimentation, which works. I am sure one or more will. Thank you once again! If anybody else has any suggestions, please feel free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. my aunt nancy swears by the strain medijuana for pain

7. Iron eyes... I don't know if that's a joke, but this is not a funnymatter. I am very serious about this.

Genesis 1:29 [NKJV]

"...And God said, see, I have giving you every herb which yields seed over the face of all the Earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed...'"

8. I don't think he was joking [​IMG]

I never heard of the strain either but Google has lol ... Good luck bro

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Hey there! You came to the right place with your questions. There are lots of members with this type of experience. I myself am a cancer survivor and have a bunch of crazy lower back issues similar to what your wife deals with in her hands, wrists and knees (think that's what was said). That kind of pain can be nigh unbearable. I do several things with ganja depending on how I'm feeling. You don't always want to go for the strongest meds in the box. That leads to a high tolerance. You want to use this like any other medicine and go easy to find the perfect level. That way the effect your getting lasts.

As far as pain goes and how I handle it, for severe pain that has awoken me or won't let me sleep I do edibles. For moderate to severe pain I dab wax (it's a way of smoking hash oil which is a concentrate) and there are many kinds of concentrates on the market. Oils, waxs and live resins are some of the most potent ways you'll find ganja concentrated. So go easy with those. For light pain to a mood altering and sleep enhancing experience I smoke ganja in bong rips or doobies.

That's not to say ganja isn't potent by itself. I recommend a hybrid of the two main kinds of ganja, indica and sativa. By cross breeding them they can pull out just the benefits they want in the medication as it grows. So as far as which strain does what, it depends on you. That's the great thing about it, try it all! Then see what works best. I always get an eighth of something I pick and then another eighth broken up into several grams of what the budtender chooses. That way I get to try several new types every time I go.

You know, you might get a half gram of wax, I recommend a crumble because it's so easy to deal with and is easy to roll up in a doobie. Then, get the ganja of your choosing and roll the two together. I use a rolling machine. That way I can fill it half way with ganja, then break up a bit of that crumble I mentioned above, then the other half of the ganja to fill the doobie. Now roll it in the rolling machine and you're golden. Give it a few minutes so the glue dries and then smoke it as normal. The key is to only use a piece of wax the size of 1/2 A PENCIL ERASER, freeze it first before you break it up with your fingers, directly over the 1/2 filled doobie. Freezing the little piece of wax is key to getting it all in the doobie with out it sticking to your fingers.

They sell pre made doobies like I mention above and all sorts of other stuff like moon rocks and caviar gold for example. It's killer ganja, infused with wax and kief under vacuum. It soaks in and becomes this incredible potent nugget of delectable goodness. That kind of stuff is expensive but worth trying on occasion. Just so you can see how it feels. But rolling your own doobies with bud and wax works as a close second and it's far less expensive to do it that way. Plus, the roaches that are left over are perfect for your bong. Pull off the paper, break a small piece off, rip it through a water pipe. Or save them in a mason jar for a rainy day, I do.

It's a lot of stuff to cover and hopefully it gives you a bit of direction. I know you were asking of specific strains but we have no idea what is being sold in your part of town. You'll need to do the leg work. First off, choose one you want to try and then let them recommend a few things. Hybrid ganja is what has worked for me better then a strait indica or sativa. Don't be afraid to try new stuff, just do so cautiously and try a little at a time. Post back with your experiences as you go so others can use it to their own advantage. Be adventurous, post pics of what you're getting! Good luck and happy medicating!

• Like Like x 1
  10. I think he'll ignore it, and just go about my way. Some welcome... Maybe another board will be more hospitable. Have a great... no... I won't say that. I was taught not to say anything at all if I couldn't say anything nice.

Genesis 1:29 [NKJV]

"...And God said, see, I have giving you every herb which yields seed over the face of all the Earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed...'"

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thank you all for your prompt responses. There are lots of members with this type of experience. Thank you once again! If anybody else has any suggestions, please feel free.

12. Theres actually no proof of any strains having specific effects on medical conditions. 10 plants of the same strain will each have different effects, just stick to sativa dominant for pain relief, but the food she consumes will be a better solution, as weed is a short term solution to a long term problem

• Like Like x 1
  13. Short term solution to a long term problem. Never thought of it like that. I was diagnosed years ago with anxiety and depression and possibly bipolar. Each day I solve the problem with cannabis, but it is short term. It doesn't last. Each new day is a fresh start. Interesting stuff, man.

14. What happened??

dilligaf