help for my friend?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SirKevin, Apr 26, 2009.

1. A friend of mine sprouted some seeds inside, and she'd like to know if it's possible to plant them around her cottage. As she described it to me, she basically has to choose between planting them somewhere with a lot of soil that is covered by heavy, heavy tree cover, or planting them out in the open, with only a few inches of rock to grow on.

Is there any hope for her plants under these circumstances? She mentioned she was thinking pf putting them in pots and just leaving the pots outside, so they can have some soil in the sun.

Her seeds are just seeds that came with her weed that she sprouted for fun.

She also wants to know how safe outdoor grow-ops are... I think hers will be on someone else's property, far back from the road. Basically, the forested area is about 100 feet away from the road, but the *only* people who travel that road are cottagers... if there was ever a cop, it'd be because they were answering a specific call at a cottage in the area. Does that seem relatively safe?

2. put them in solo cups and let them get a little bigger before putting them outside where they are susceptible to the unforgiving bitch that is mother nature. when going to put them outside use like a 5 gallon pot or bucket (the larger the better) and put them out in the sun. There is definitely hope for the plants, just a little bit of planning to make sure that bugs and wildlife don't destroy them. chickenwire and animal (or i hear people) urine around the plants for most wildlife. lime around the base for slugs and snails, water with soap should suffice for most bugs.

as far as the outdoor grow-op is concerned, i can't make that call from my end of the computer. just make good judgement, i.e. are the neighbors cool or will they call the cops if they stumble upon it? will they stumble upon it? how noticable is it from the sky (helicopters, etc.) how far is it from a water source?

also if you do grow outside just be sure to try and make it look as natural as possible. like the plants, from a distance at least. were meant to be there.

hope that helped. Good Luck

3. The thing is, I think she has to keep the plants more or less completely secret, so they'll have to be transported to her cottage in a backpack and stuff, since she'll be around family. That'll make it tough to grow them in pots. I know she was thinking of sticking them in pots and keeping them hidden at night, and then putting them under lights while she is home alone in the day? I know the way she described it, it sounded like they'd get uneven exposure because of that, but it's the best she can do...

Would 4 or 5 pot plants be noticeable from the sky, if there's lots and ltos of other vegetation in the area>

I think her biggest concern is if it's possible for them to grow in the shade (ie under the cover of huge, huge trees in a forest)... because if not, and she has to put them out in the open, all she can do is put them in some really shallow moss that's situated on hard rock...

4. If she was thinking about leaving them out around the house.. How bout hydroponics setup inside? Would this be something she could pull off? Great way to grow! And this is something she can setup in the closet!

5. I'll mention it to her. I think she's really like to do them outside at her cottage, though. Any thoughts on that?

6. Sorry to bump... hehe.

7. Either, really. Good luck.

8. Errr... either what?